Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Re: StX Restaurant Ratings

speee1dy
October 06, 2012 09:25AM

vicanuck, thanks for the laugh

speee1dy
December 13, 2013 08:59AM

any new reviews?

boyd46
December 13, 2013 11:12AM

We have been to Salud several times since they re-opened and it has been great each time. Their new menu is wonderful, lots of selections from small plates to full entrees.

CruzanIron
December 13, 2013 03:53PM

Angry Nate's today for lunch. Good service, however the fried chicken lunch special - oil was not hot enough when fried so the skin was a oily. Breast meat dry. And the green beans were NASTY! 3 different shades of green, so they were obviously mixing leftover with new frozen beans.

Stxer1
December 13, 2013 04:27PM

Maria's in Gallows Bay for lunch today. Great specials every time we go in and the food is consistently good. So nice to have a restaurant you can count on to be good.

rotorhead
December 13, 2013 04:54PM

Paradise Café and No Bones are always great. You can always count on Tommy and the Chuckster.

Bombi
December 13, 2013 05:37PM

Corrine's food truck for a $6 plate of vegetarian food, today seasoned rice, scollep potato, tofu and corn. Yum, she is at the shanty near Water Gut in C'sted

optimist with low expectations on STX

CruzanIron
December 13, 2013 05:47PM

Paradise Café good? Are you kidding me? I'll NEVER eat there again. Hot Ham Sandwich served with frozen bread? Unbelievable.

Only been to No Bones twice. First time was good, second time I got a waitress trainee that was more interested in talking to her friends at the next table, never followed up after first service, didn't even ask if we wanted desert or our empty glasses topped off. After seeing a disheveled cook outside having a smoke as I walked in, I should have known better...

divinggirl
December 13, 2013 05:54PM

Paradise Café is fabulous - never had a bad meal there. No Bones is also great and consistent. A new favorite of mine is Castaways - really good salads and the Vinnie Bread is to die for.

stt007
December 13, 2013 06:34PM

anyone remember or know the name of the food truck vendor who was shown on the travel network earlier this year? I think he served some sort of soup to the host.

speee1dy
December 13, 2013 07:20PM

where is castaways

rotorhead
December 13, 2013 08:07PM

speee1dy
where is castaways

Next to Ziggy's.

DL
December 13, 2013 09:13PM

I think the food truck is over by Barren Spot Mall. Keeping following Centerline Road past Ville La Reine.

jwidjaja
December 13, 2013 09:46PM

The show I think showed a couple of food truck vendors. One is owned by a couple who served bull foot soup by the Richmond plant. And I think they also showed the goat water truck Joe Can Cook on Centerline.

We have found a couple of cheap good local food that we love: KMart, Paquitos, Zeny's.

Tavern and Rowdy Joes are also a favorite.

the goatwater truck is also very good.

Linda J
December 13, 2013 11:52PM

The ladies at K-Mart west makes a wonderful lunch.

stt007
December 14, 2013 04:26AM

Tx for info on truck!

speee1dy
December 14, 2013 07:04AM

thanks rotor, right after i posted i wondered if that was it

wwfarm
December 17, 2013 08:17PM

How about organic food, restaurant or shopping? I'm coming back for a week, grew up at Pelican Cove but haven't lived there since Hugo which fried my liver with toxics, so now I have to eat all organic. Will be there with three non-organics who will appreciate the comments above. PM's are welcome also. Thanks, can't wait to come home just in time for the big parade!

CruzanIron
December 18, 2013 06:30AM

I'm curious how HUGO ruined your liver and not mine.

speee1dy
December 18, 2013 08:24AM

maybe drinking to cope?

Jamison
December 18, 2013 12:19PM

wwfarm
How about organic food, restaurant or shopping? I'm coming back for a week, grew up at Pelican Cove but haven't lived there since Hugo which fried my liver with toxics, so now I have to eat all organic. Will be there with three non-organics who will appreciate the comments above. PM's are welcome also. Thanks, can't wait to come home just in time for the big parade!
Eat@CaneBay, Teres Veho has some. If you're moving back, look into a CSA with Ridge2Reef.org farm

boyd46
December 18, 2013 01:55PM

I had a friend who developed liver flukes from cistern water after Hugo--why he drank the water is still a mystery to me.

Bassman
December 19, 2013 10:14AM

There's a new restaurant in F'sted on the west side of the main drag through town, just south of Lost Dog. It's called "Roses...(something) ". It was opened about 9 months ago now by Rose who used to work at Cottages. She has her two sons and one of their girl friends working there. The food is spanish/island style and very well prpared. Last Sept. when we were on island we ate there twice. Rose's will become one of our favorites for our visits.

Paula
December 19, 2013 10:38AM

What about the new one that opened this year up at Queen's Quarter's old Reminisce restaurant? Didn't they add a healthy food restaurant there? Had a catchy name? I hope it hangs in there until we can get back to the island! I love that location.

Jamison
December 19, 2013 02:40PM

Paula
What about the new one that opened this year up at Queen's Quarter's old Reminisce restaurant? Didn't they add a healthy food restaurant there? Had a catchy name? I hope it hangs in there until we can get back to the island! I love that location.
Cheese and Bread and it's the woman from South Shore Cafe. I've never been or even heard anything though.

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →