Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Re: Virgin Islands today comments

cheryl96s
December 20, 2009 09:35AM

It is so clear out and the air is so crisp. Last night we could clearly see Anegada, that has only happened a few times! I hope it keeps on like this, my parents fly in tomorrow and I want them to see first hand what we always tell them about seeing all the other islands. Right now on the Northside, high up on Crown Mtn. there is no a breeze to be found. I dont want to have to use the dryer thinking

Bombi
January 10, 2010 08:46AM

I'm having a great new year, I've been searching for an old friend from college and finally found him in CT. We were roomies at Goddard College years ago and shared a lot of interests. We finally got in touch and it has been so great to hear about and compare the last 30 years. I'm still looking for another old friend but no luck yet.

It a small thing but very important and fullfilling.

If the weather cooperates we'll be heading out to Buck Island with some friends today

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2010 08:47AM by Bombi.

goalusvi
January 10, 2010 09:03AM

Have fun at Buck ... it looks like a beautiful day so far! We're trying to decide which beach to go snorkeling at today. I love Sunday's on STX!!!

redeyesadie
January 10, 2010 09:14AM

I got 15 degrees F. with single digit wind chill, the 10:30AM (yes 10:30AM!) showing of Avatar in 3D is already sold out, and two kids that are going to be bummed when they wake up. Mind if we hop down from NYC and go snorkeling with you? Have fun!

Go J E T S! Jets! Jets! Jets! Jets!

dougtamjj
January 10, 2010 11:21AM

I am so jealous. We are freezing here in Virginia. As much as I hate to leave the new grandbaby I am missing St. Croix, my animals and my friends. It is past time for JJ and I to come home.

dougtamjj
January 22, 2010 11:33AM

We are finally coming home to STX tomorrow. YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAtoSTX
January 22, 2010 12:37PM

Buckets of rain fell from about midnight to 8am - but now it's clear and beautiful.
Hope this weather holds for the rest of the weekend.

Dante
January 22, 2010 09:04PM

Welcome Back Tammy!

dougtamjj
January 23, 2010 02:13AM

Thanks Dante. When are you guys going to be back on island?

Paula
January 23, 2010 04:30PM

CAtoSTX
Buckets of rain fell from about midnight to 8am - but now it's clear and beautiful.
Hope this weather holds for the rest of the weekend.

I'll bet it smells so fresh on the island after that rain!thinking

It's been mid 70's and LOW humidity with a light breeze here in S.E. Texas and my husband and I keep saying it feels like we're on the island. Really giving us island fever BAD.

dougtamjj
January 23, 2010 08:00PM

We are home. YEA!!!!!!!!!!!

divinggirl
January 23, 2010 09:29PM

Welcome home Tami!!

Bombi
January 24, 2010 09:49AM

Hey tami, doug and JJ welcome back. Hopefully this will be a long and pleasant stay.

On another note, I just got a call from the Roseway people, I WON the 17 foot sailing dory. Yeah!! just what I need another boat!

dougtamjj
January 24, 2010 10:13AM

Thanks Bombi. We are so glad to be back. I would never leave if it were up to me. I need a boat. Want to sell it?

Bombi
January 24, 2010 10:28AM

Tami I'll let you know. They are delivering it today. G, my SO is already on my case, "another boat" !!

CAtoSTX
January 24, 2010 08:07PM

Bombi - Congrats! We were checking it out at Art Thursday.

Tami - Welcome home.

Bombi
January 25, 2010 12:22PM

dougtamjj
January 25, 2010 01:42PM

Wow, that would be an awesome boat to teach JJ to sail.

Bombi
January 25, 2010 02:02PM

Tami this is my other boat. I'm having a hard time deciding which one to keep

Dante
January 25, 2010 11:26PM

Hey Tammy! We really do have opposite schedules smiling We just left January 7th. I am in Vegas at the moment, then I hook up with Dan in Florida next Monday. We won’t be back on Island until the First week of April.

Did you ever find out who was “nosing” around in your stuff at the house?

Talk soon,
Dante

dougtamjj
January 26, 2010 09:14AM

Hopefully we will see you in April Dante. No we didn't find out who was going through our things but nothing was stolen and he never came back. Maybe he saw the cameras. These cameras are great. They send us emails and we can look at our house no matter where we are via internet.

Lizard
January 26, 2010 09:37AM

Tammy,
Glad you're back and all is well!big grinthumbs up

dougtamjj
January 27, 2010 11:59AM

Thanks Lizard. I cannot say enough how happy we are to be back on island. JJ pitched a fit yesterday when I picked him up at school. He said I don't leave him there long enough. Wow, I hope that lasts all they way through high school.

I have to sing the praises of Sugar Mill Vet. Clinic once more. They took my dogs and cat at the last moment even when they really didn't have room for them. They kept them for 5 weeks, got 13 lbs off my very fat rottie and my pets were in excellent shape when we got home. No fleas, ticks and they were all very clean. Most impressive was how happy they were. Very calm and not stressed out at all. Thanks to all the staff at Sugar Mill, especially Bry.

CAtoSTX
January 28, 2010 12:00AM

Sugar Mill/Sunshine foundation had me volunteering within 2 weeks of moving on Island. I <3 Them - and I don't have any pets.

dougtamjj
January 29, 2010 11:09AM

Ok, I take that back about nothing being stolen from our house. As we get back to work on the house we are finding that things are missing. Hubby just discovered our blower is gone. Now we are really looking.

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →