Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Any hot yoga classes on STX?

Juanita
March 20, 2011 11:32AM

I posted this a while back on the community forum and got zero responses, so I thought I would ask here.

Anyone know of any "hot" (Bikram style) yoga classes on St. Croix?

Thanks!

Juanita

Re: Any hot yoga classes on STX?

Niuhuskie34
March 20, 2011 01:31PM

I would be interested let me know

Ericw
March 21, 2011 09:20AM

They did a private investigation on those in Chicago and they turned out to be a cult! my aunt and mother in law loves them, but they always harrass them to join "the following".

Juanita
March 21, 2011 09:49AM

Ericw
They did a private investigation on those in Chicago and they turned out to be a cult! my aunt and mother in law loves them, but they always harrass them to join "the following".

NO idea what you're talking about, but I can assure you hot yoga is not in any way some cult. Maybe some goofball in Chicago used the class to recruit people for "whatever", but Bikram yoga and other hot style yoga classes are quite legit and mainstream. My daughter is an instructor.

Bikram himself has some very strict rules about using his name and only certified Bikram instructors can teach Bikram; and Bikram instructors can ONLY teach Bikram, no other form of yoga. Maybe the investigation was more about his business practices. I discouraged my daughter from taking his course. She is not a Bikram instructor, just a "hot" yoga instructor, certified by school in Portland. No cults...her students are, for the most part, 30-50 somthing year old women with totally normal lives.

Juanita

Ericw
March 21, 2011 11:23AM

Juanita
Maybe some goofball in Chicago used the class to recruit people for "whatever",

This is what I was referring to... I wasn't saying they are all set up as a cult!

I stand corrected it was the Dahn yoga group that was the cult IN CHICAGO.

What is people's problem on this board lately... every remark has been taken as confrontational. You guys already live in "paradise" aren't you supposed to be more relaxed... jeeze. *-)

Juanita
March 21, 2011 12:19PM

You thought my response was confrontational???? What should I have said?

Oh, gee, Eric, please forgive me for questioning what you are saying. Is it possible you have the wrong name of the group, or something like that? Maybe it's only in Chicago. Thank you so much for pointing out that hot yoga is a cult. I'll have my daughter look into it right away.

Hope that's relaxed enough because now I have to go make my pina colada and get settled in for my day of limin' on the beach!

Juanita

Ericw
March 21, 2011 12:43PM

Juanita
Is it possible you have the wrong name of the group, or something like that? Maybe it's only in Chicago. Thank you so much for pointing out that hot yoga is a cult. I'll have my daughter look into it right away.

haha, did you even read anything that I said in my post besides the last line? wow.

Juanita
Hope that's relaxed enough because now I have to go make my pina colada and get settled in for my day of limin' on the beach!

that's what I would be doing right about now! enjoy! Have you thought about taking up wind surfing? I heard that's a good way to release some stress.

Juanita
March 21, 2011 12:50PM

I guess you missed my sarcasim, lol...but this is so not worth taking up the air space on here, so TRUCE. Go and enjoy your day!:-)

Juanita

Ericw
March 21, 2011 12:53PM

Juanita
I guess you missed my sarcasim, lol...but this is so not worth taking up the air space on here, so TRUCE. Go and enjoy your day!:-)

No I didn't. It's always hard to pick out sarcasm in text. truce... and try not to get brainwashed... i kid, i kid (that was sarcasm)! :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2011 12:53PM by Ericw.

CAtoSTX
March 24, 2011 04:55PM

No hot Yoga but I go to Kalima Center 2x a week and their studio has an open/closed space - It's a great spot, you should check it out just for the experience of it.
I know there are also a few Yoga on the beach groups and Yoga at Catageta Rec Center too

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

Whether you are dreaming about island living, received a job transfer, are a new resident, or plan to retire in the USVI later down the road - this book is worth reading!

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →

Newsletter Signup

Sign up now for our FREE Virgin Islands Moving Center Newsletter and we will email you regular updates on what's happening in the Virgin Islands & on VImovingcenter.com. You can unsubscribe at any time. Simply fill in the form below.

CAPTCHA