Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Re: Netflix Streaming Now Works In the VIs

Jim Dandy
July 03, 2011 02:27PM

FYI: I checked a list of channels available using a Roku and the number of channels available or at least listed was 257.

Jim

rotorhead
July 03, 2011 02:38PM

Streaming to my computer is working ok. But when I try to set up my XBox 360 it still tells me that this is only available in the 50 states and DC. Has anyone been able to enter the activation code for a Netflix device like the xbox?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2011 02:38PM by rotorhead.

STXjill
July 03, 2011 04:37PM

I tried connecting using our Wii and received the message only valid in the 50 states. Now streaming on my laptop and connected to the TV. I was pleasantly surprised that the first 5 movies we watched we had no problems. Now, it seems to be locked up with a "loading" message and nothing's happening. No doubt weather related.

computerguy
July 03, 2011 04:43PM

I have a ROKU. Netflix is currently still not allowing us to activate 3rd party devices in the USVI.
I called them, and the representative I spoke to was not aware that Netflix has recently started instant streaming for computers in the VI. He said this may be a "glitch" and would notify the engineers. Hopefully there this is just a slight delay for allowing 3rd party devices. For now I'll just hook up my laptop to my TV with HDMI.

At least I can cancel my witopia account for now!

rotorhead
July 03, 2011 05:10PM

I called customer service and they manually activated my xbox 360. It is working great, watching a movie now.

computerguy
July 03, 2011 05:13PM

I just tried activating ROKU again and it worked! woot!

East Ender
July 03, 2011 05:30PM

Well I don't know ROKU (it's a steep learning curve) but the streaming deal is way cool.

computerguy
July 03, 2011 05:33PM

East Ender
Well I don't know ROKU (it's a steep learning curve) but the streaming deal is way cool.

Its a little box that connects to your TV and the Internet and it comes with a remote. Allowing you to watch content from the internet on your TV
[www.roku.com]

Uttica
July 04, 2011 06:32AM

Rotor: did you call Netflix or XBOX customer service? I am having same problem.

speee1dy
July 04, 2011 08:07AM

thanks for the info on roku. just to clarify-it does work here in the VI?

divinggirl
July 04, 2011 08:14AM

Uttica - call Netflix customer service and they will input the code for you - took about 5 minutes.

Hiya!
July 04, 2011 09:47AM

Thx..dg

atcspaul
July 15, 2011 07:16AM

i try to go to site to sign up and it dosnt allow me to. anyone have a phone number or a way to contact them. or do we use a different web address then netflix.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2011 07:17AM by atcspaul.

jhairston33
July 15, 2011 12:37PM

your xbox 360 streams from Netflix? How? We cannot get ours activated. The Netflix app opens on the xbox and says we need to activate it online using the code, but when we go online to activate, the netflix website claims we cannot use the xbox in the islands. ??

help!

Bratt
July 15, 2011 01:19PM

I contacted Netflix and they activated my Wii as well for streaming. It works great!

divinggirl
July 15, 2011 04:08PM

You have to call Netflix & they will enter the activation code for you. Took about 5 minutes.

East Ender
July 15, 2011 05:45PM

Their customer service number is 866-716-0414
:-)

CAtoSTX
July 17, 2011 12:52AM

Did you all see that starting Sept. 1 they are gong to start charging extra for using both DVD AND Streaming - or you can pay less for just one or the other?

There had to be a catch.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

Whether you are dreaming about island living, received a job transfer, are a new resident, or plan to retire in the USVI later down the road - this book is worth reading!

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →

Newsletter Signup

Sign up now for our FREE Virgin Islands Moving Center Newsletter and we will email you regular updates on what's happening in the Virgin Islands & on VImovingcenter.com. You can unsubscribe at any time. Simply fill in the form below.

CAPTCHA