Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Apple store in St Thomas???

East Ender
September 23, 2011 06:55PM

Who has the skinny on the store with all the Apple products in Havensight, the old Modern Music location? It surely isn't a "real" Apple store, is it? Some hinky seconds or retreads store? I know you all will have the answer....

Re: Apple store in St Thomas???

ms411
September 24, 2011 06:46AM

They say they're an authorized store, but I didn't check Apple's site to confirm. This is their soft opening. Grand opening in Oct. They'll be offering training so they say. Lots of accessories. I have an EVO so not too interested in Apple.

cheryl96s
September 24, 2011 07:01AM

I was told the same thing, authorized dealer location, but it sure does look like the real thing-blue shirts and all. Hmmm, wonder if they will be called "Genius" too???excited

awesomechick99
September 24, 2011 03:45PM

@ms411- I have an EVO also. So does Sprint work down there pretty well? I called Sprint to ask (i'm moving to STX) and they said they don't have coverage in the islands. I want to keep my phone and I really don't want Verizon or an iPhone. So I'm confused. Any suggestions??

guice
September 24, 2011 03:57PM

I just went by there today to check them out. They are an "Authorized Relator Plus" -- basically, what they say, above "authorized retailer" but below "Apple Store." They service Apple products, and starting next month they plan to start hosting Apple product classes.

Not too bad. Definitely on my list now for when the new iPhone (and iPad?) get released next month!

STXBob
September 24, 2011 04:19PM

guice
They are an "Authorized Relator Plus"

Retailer?

rotorhead
September 24, 2011 05:11PM

STXBob
guice

Retailer?

It's a Mango Store! An "Authorized Relative Plus".

guice
September 24, 2011 06:19PM

STXBob
guice

Retailer?

wink Yes.

ms411
September 25, 2011 07:33AM

awesomechick, Sprint's national coverage has included PR and the US Virgin Islands for more than 10 years, but there are spots where you can't get a signal because there's no tower within range. It all depends on where you live/travel in the USVI or PR. Other Caribbean islands are international calls.

I've always had a signal in the two towns on St Croix, but haven't been to the remote areas so can't say about them. I suggest you check your phone for a signal before signing a lease on an apartment.

guice
September 25, 2011 09:45AM

awesomechick99
@ms411- I have an EVO also. So does Sprint work down there pretty well? I called Sprint to ask (i'm moving to STX) and they said they don't have coverage in the islands. I want to keep my phone and I really don't want Verizon or an iPhone. So I'm confused. Any suggestions??

Verizon or an iPhone. That doesn't make sense. I think you're a little confused. "an iPhone" isn't a carrier. So you don't need to worry about that. wink However, sadly, Verizon doesn't work down here. You're really just left with two options: Sprint or AT&T.

A couple co-workers had Sprint on STT and hated it. It's all their antiquated hardware -- read "the very hardware of their old network that caused everybody to abandon Sprint in the first place." They don't have any of their new network down here. So, take it at risk.

On STT AT&T is pretty strong. Good signal, good download speeds on their 3G network. But, I don't believe AT&T has any of their "4G" down here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2011 09:47AM by guice.

East Ender
September 25, 2011 10:25AM

I don't know how I lived before I had my iPhone...wink

jbxclusive
September 25, 2011 12:05PM

There an Apple Authorized Reseller Plus Store with Apple Retail prices, Full Tech Support, and Apple training courses. There the real deal without the corporate name.

awesomechick99
September 26, 2011 02:26PM

Sorry- I was referring to an iPhone as AT&T. That's how we refer to it in Nashville. wink

Thanks so much for the info, ya'll! big grin

Suzette
September 26, 2011 07:30PM

East Ender
I don't know how I lived before I had my iPhone...wink

Same here EE ! And I'm sure there are sooooo many more things that can be done with it than I use it for !

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →