Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Power Generator Vendors on STT

VIDreamer
December 13, 2011 05:37PM

Could someone please recommend backup power generator vendors on St. Thomas? I searched this board and only find Import Supply, are they still in business?

We would like to have a permanently mounted whole house generator, about 15 KWs installed in our house. From reading the post here, I think we want a one powered by diesel.

Any information will be appreciated. You can also send private message to me if desired.

Thanks.

Re: Power Generator Vendors on STT

scubado
December 14, 2011 10:03AM

I would check with home depot see if they are doing special orders and who they are dealing with (for service/install).

OldTart
December 14, 2011 10:24AM

Rather than check the board, how about checking the yellow pages in the local telephone book? Ah, you reply on cellphone service! Well, here's the link to the telephone book online:

www.viphonebook.com

Several options there and I would also second taking a look at HD. Cheers!

Bombi
December 14, 2011 10:39AM

I got mine here and had it shipped

[www.generatorsales.com]

VIDreamer
December 14, 2011 11:16AM

Thanks for all the suggestions and advices.

I will call around and get the quotes. Still would like to find out which vendor has the bettere after-sale services.

Bombi
December 14, 2011 11:59AM

Antilles has great service on STX and is now operating on STT
I use them to keep a 60 KW generator serviced and available for emergency power

GeneratorsVI
January 09, 2012 02:34PM

Hi all
Happy New Year.
My name is Kate and I am the GENERAC dealer and service rep for STT, STJ and Water Island. FYI I own a 15KW propane unit and auto transfer switch at my house and I love it. If you are still looking for propane, gas or diesel-powered genny quotes, you can email me off the board or reply here (I am new to this forun, and trying to be respectful & obey the non-solicitation rules, but since you asked, we are available on STT).
GENERAC is also sold at the STX and STT Home Depot. We do warranty service, repair and general maintenance on those units.

thanks
Kate
CCSVI
stthomasgenerator.com (website under construction)
homepowervi@gmail.com
340-513-9222 cell

independent man
January 09, 2012 06:01PM

I can recommend the 13 kw GE Propane generator available at Home Depot. We bought it on STT, had it delivered to STJ and our electrician installed it. It comes with an automatic on switch. Since we didn't want it to come on with every 30 minute power outage, we had a kill switch added. It's sleek design isn't an eyesore and works fine. We chose propane because it seems to runs quieter than diesel.

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →