Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

lobsters

Masterchief
February 18, 2012 12:32PM

Are lobsters in season in April, if so where is the best place on STX to get fresh ones to cook at home?

Re: lobsters

speee1dy
February 18, 2012 01:04PM

you can find them at a roadside stand across from plaza. not sure time of year??

sheiba
February 18, 2012 03:06PM

There is also a roadside vendor on lagrange (rt 75) between police station and post office. Also, near police station in fredrkstd. I paid about $7 lb. They are warm water lobster, a little different from what I'm use to stateside.

Jumbie
February 18, 2012 04:29PM

Most everyday except Sunday fresh lobsters are for sale next to McDonald's in Golden Rock (underneath the big tree). The only times during the year these roadside fish guys don't have lobster is when the seas are too rough to go out & pull up the traps.

Jumbie-STX

Skullwithhair
February 19, 2012 08:00AM

Lobster season is open year round.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

Whether you are dreaming about island living, received a job transfer, are a new resident, or plan to retire in the USVI later down the road - this book is worth reading!

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →

Newsletter Signup

Sign up now for our FREE Virgin Islands Moving Center Newsletter and we will email you regular updates on what's happening in the Virgin Islands & on VImovingcenter.com. You can unsubscribe at any time. Simply fill in the form below.

CAPTCHA