Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Please Review Virgin Islands Attractions

ms411
March 11, 2012 10:34AM

Please encourage your friends/family to review the attractions and restaurants they visit during their stay in the VI. I'm starting to notice that people are reluctant to book an attraction that hasn't been reviewed, but if an attraction is new, there won't be a review yet. Somebody has to post that first review to start the momentum.

I think the Sustainable Farm Institute on STX is now offering tours to cruise passengers, yet there's no review of the tour yet. The Magic Ice Gallery on STT may have lost bookings, because there weren't reviews.

Sigh, I wish more vacationers would be more adventurous, and not expect "guaranteed" good times.

Re: Please Review Virgin Islands Attractions

East Ender
March 11, 2012 05:24PM

Review where??

A Davis
March 11, 2012 07:01PM

East Ender
Review where??

either on the vacation board at vinow.com or on any other review site, such as tripadvisor, yelp, etc. people will google for stuff to make sure it's legit and worth their while.

best to you,
anita.

"do the best that you can in the place where you are, and be kind."
--- scott nearing

East Ender
March 11, 2012 07:04PM

Okay. Well I can't get on the vacation board and I don't like tripadvisor, so may I be excused?*-)

Yelp?? Is that like yelling for help??:P

ms411
March 11, 2012 07:35PM

No, eastender, if you live here you can not be excused. Many excursion companies have facebook pages, so you can review/post on their pages.

There's also Fodor's, Frommer's, etc. You're internet savvy, so I'm sure you can find a place you want to support to post your review. The key is to post reviews.

terry
March 12, 2012 07:41AM

On STX a place that hardly any tourists see, they will not pay the tours to bring tourists there, is Mt Washington. In fact many locals don't know about it.
It is a 1700's plantation and rum factory. The great house, which you can't visit, was restored in the 80's.
It has the only remaining animal cane crusher where the animals are above ground and the crusher is below with tunnels leading in an out for the cane carts.
The grounds are beautifully maintained. The owner has put in a Labrith since she is into that kind of stuff.
It is a self guided tour and IMHO much nicer grounds the Whim.
There is also an artist using the barn for her studio. Don't remember her name.

speee1dy
March 12, 2012 08:11AM

where is mt washigton? I know you said stx but where exactly

terry
March 12, 2012 08:37AM

On the West shore road going North. You pass the government building, National Guard?? (just before Butlers Bay) the road turns right. You make a harder right and go up the hill on the dirt road. There is a sign saying Mt Washington. Follow the road almost all the way. When you get to the yellow cottages on the left, you park just before them and go through the gate.

ms411
March 12, 2012 09:47AM

Thanks for the info, Terry. I'll keep it in mind on my next trip to STX which will probably be during Mango Melee. BTW, is there a date for it yet?

JulieKay
March 12, 2012 09:52AM

Yep yep yep will do! :)

ms411
March 12, 2012 11:29AM

Thanks, JulieKay. I just heard SUCCEED's appeal for community input this morning on the radio. I'm going to send her an e-mail later.

JulieKay
March 12, 2012 11:45AM

There are also public meetings being held the 19th - 22nd with USVI Tourism on STT and STX seeking the public's input on all aspects of improving tourism options in the VI. There's a flyer I can email to anyone who's interested/hasn't seen it and would like to attend - PM me and I'll send it along. :)

speee1dy
March 12, 2012 12:25PM

thanks terry, sounds like a good place to go

ms411
March 12, 2012 12:47PM

JulieKay, how convenient that all the meetings are held during normal work hours.(td) I'm going to send them a few e-mails since I can't go.

JulieKay
March 12, 2012 04:53PM

@ms411 - yes, I've heard that complaint too. I know some businesses are letting people leave work to attend, but inconvenient for most. :(

A Davis
March 16, 2012 08:18PM

East Ender
Okay. Well I can't get on the vacation board and I don't like tripadvisor, so may I be excused?*-)

Yelp?? Is that like yelling for help??:P

:D
actually "yelp" is a web site, that seeks reviews... for example... coral world is up there:
[www.yelp.com]
cool, huh?

best to you,
anita.

"do the best that you can in the place where you are, and be kind."
--- scott nearing

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

Whether you are dreaming about island living, received a job transfer, are a new resident, or plan to retire in the USVI later down the road - this book is worth reading!

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →

Newsletter Signup

Sign up now for our FREE Virgin Islands Moving Center Newsletter and we will email you regular updates on what's happening in the Virgin Islands & on VImovingcenter.com. You can unsubscribe at any time. Simply fill in the form below.

CAPTCHA