Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

If You Ever Find Yourself in a Ditch

shibuya
April 10, 2012 03:46PM

Literally speaking, that is...I highly recommend Ken's Wrecker Service!

He rushed over in under 15 mins after hearing a mother and her two kids were stranded by powers beyond her control (well, this part I made up...but the hole I fell into was entirely covered by a thorn patch and even Ken acknowledged that it looked completely flat!) and swiftly pulled my car to freedom!

Also, I would have paid twice that for the entertainment value it provided my sons...who thought that the "Huge Truck" that came to rescue us was worthy of about 50 whispered "oh my gosh" s.

Now if only I could figure out a way to keep the three year old from telling me over and over again that "mama broke the car."

Re: If You Ever Find Yourself in a Ditch

OldTart
April 10, 2012 05:19PM

That's a good story and a great pic. Did you quickly stash the rum bottle under the seat when you fell into the hole? :D

roadrunner
April 10, 2012 08:56PM

Great story and photo! Thanks for sharing! :-)

blu4u
April 10, 2012 09:50PM

Picture's worth 10000 words.

shibuya
April 11, 2012 10:32PM

Glad you all liked it! What a week it has been. No rum while driving, but I surely had a few glasses of wine that night! :D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

Whether you are dreaming about island living, received a job transfer, are a new resident, or plan to retire in the USVI later down the road - this book is worth reading!

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →

Newsletter Signup

Sign up now for our FREE Virgin Islands Moving Center Newsletter and we will email you regular updates on what's happening in the Virgin Islands & on VImovingcenter.com. You can unsubscribe at any time. Simply fill in the form below.

CAPTCHA