Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Re: Any NY Style pizza in stx?

vicanuck
January 09, 2013 08:19AM

I've not tried the Castaways product, but the pizza at BWT is certainly hearty.

stt007
January 10, 2013 07:18AM

NY style: crunchy crust, not too doughy but not too thin. Sauce not too tomatoey. A little greasy. Mozzarella not too much, but a little stringy in each bit, enough oregano to make it a little sweet.

stiphy
January 16, 2013 09:03PM

gonetropo
Just went up and got a pizza at Napoleans last night...one of the worst pizzas we have had. Dominos is better!

Out vote on STX goes to the Lost Dog in Fredricksted...hands down.

Whole pie I imagine. NY Pie is all about the reheat IMO, my memories of pizza in NY is always around grabbing a slice, not a whole pie. Like I said, Napolean's whole pies aren't great but you those slices thrown back in the oven for 2 minutes and the crust gets crispy the way it should be.

I like Lost Dog but that is not an example of NY style Pizza as I know it.

Tutto Benne is good for "Italian style" pizza and affordable at lunch.

Domino's has the new "Artisan" pizza's which are surprisingly good, not NY style but enjoyable.

Sean

MistB'Haven
January 16, 2013 10:54PM

Where is Castaways? Don't think I've heard of it. Love Off The Wall - the views are worth the wait (altho I've never really noticed a problem) and lobster pizza at Divi.

rotorhead
January 17, 2013 02:59AM

MistB'Haven
Where is Castaways? Don't think I've heard of it. Love Off The Wall - the views are worth the wait (altho I've never really noticed a problem) and lobster pizza at Divi.

Castaways is next to Ziggy's in Solitude, East End STX.

Try the Vinnie Bread, it's almost a pizza and very good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2013 03:02AM by rotorhead.

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →