Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

New Cell Site STX

stxrocks
August 07, 2013 11:26AM

I see that antennas have finally been added to the cell tower that's across the street from Premier Spirits, just east of C'sted. Anyone know which carrier(s) is(are) going to be on it?

Re: New Cell Site STX

Beeski
August 07, 2013 01:39PM

my educated guess is AT&T only.

stxrocks
August 30, 2013 07:13AM

Another cell tower was erected yesterday at Cheeseburgers In Paradise. Looks to be about an 80 footer. I am told that it is for AT&T which is good news for east end users. I am surprised they allowed them to install it so close to the power lines.

Jim Dandy
August 30, 2013 07:20AM

You would think that they could have found a slightly less conspicuous location. Kind of just jumps out at you.

I don't see how this tower will fill in the dead zone near Cotton Valley Shores/ Soplitude.

Jamison
August 30, 2013 08:20AM

My Dad finally was able to visit me a few months back. He was upset and taking it kind of personal that I'm hard to get ahold of most of the time and din't believe me about internet, phone or even electric services. Until he stayed at Carambola Golf Club and spent a lot of time with me here in the Rain forest. haha. He gets it now.

sheiba
September 01, 2013 01:08PM

Some people are trying to get the tower by cheeseburgers moved or down

Beeski
September 01, 2013 09:06PM

the Cheeseburgers tower is terrifyingly close to the WAPA lines.
a really, really bad idea to put a tower there.
(and I know towers)

Alana33
September 02, 2013 10:27AM

Why are they allowed to do such stupid things? It serves no purpose and creates dangerous situations.

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →