Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Christiansted Bypass Consensus

thoogie
September 22, 2013 07:38AM

Now that it's been open about 8 months, what's everybody's opinion of the Bypass? Just a short cut for East Enders to Sunny Isle? Will it bring business development by the Ballpark? How much time is saved on it when you go from East End Rd. to Five Corners vs. going thru town?

Re: Christiansted Bypass Consensus

divinggirl
September 22, 2013 08:54AM

The main purpose of the bypass was to eliminate large trucks from tearing up the downtown streets & causing damage to the historic buildings. I can say that the only trucks I have seen in town since it opened are delivery trucks.

speee1dy
September 22, 2013 06:46PM

love the bypass, it actually does make the time to sunny isle less by at least 15 min or so. seems so to me anyhow

rotorhead
September 22, 2013 07:31PM

And those of us who live west of Christiansted can get to Gallows Bay much quicker now.

buck
September 22, 2013 08:20PM

Use it everyday!

JE
September 22, 2013 10:44PM

I went through Csted today heading east to Sharkeys from the North Shore and it took me 3 minutes to go from the stoplight at Basin Triangle to the Gallows Bay stoplight. Although traffic was light being a Sunday, it probably does not take more than a minute more to travel through town on a heavy traffic weekday, so under most situations I don't see how you could save more than a minute or two, if any, by using the bypass, particularly if you catch a stoplight or two on the bypass. But I do always take it when heading east from Sunny Isle or returning west towards Sunny Isle and like having the option. But if I am heading east from the 5 Corners area I usually go through town and don't think the bypass would save any time.

rosesisland
September 23, 2013 06:08AM

It's not just for eastenders! I live in Hermon Hill and really makes getting to Gallows Bay and beyond a lot quicker! I use it almost every time I leave the hill.

vicanuck
September 23, 2013 08:04AM

I love the bypass and its great views. It makes me feel that I live somewhere modern.

Ca. Dreamers
September 23, 2013 08:07AM

I enjoy going through town on my way east just to see what's happening.......

The I go back west on the By-pass. Great addition!

CD

Beeski
September 23, 2013 08:47AM

Love it!
Especially love the reduction of truck traffic in town.

Cruz
September 23, 2013 07:52PM

thoogie
Now that it's been open about 8 months, what's everybody's opinion of the Bypass? Just a short cut for East Enders to Sunny Isle? Will it bring business development by the Ballpark? How much time is saved on it when you go from East End Rd. to Five Corners vs. going thru town?

Doesn't sound like much of a short cut if you go that way to get to Five Corners. Unless there's a parade or something going on in town, I wouldn't go that way if you're headed to Rt 75 North Shore road.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2013 07:57PM by Cruz.

stxrocks
September 24, 2013 05:37AM

An unintended benefit of the bypass is the number of people walking & exercising on it. I have a number of friends who walk regularly on it and have lost significant amounts of weight. Who would have thought?...

tmw7771
September 24, 2013 07:14AM

Love it!

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →