Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Long Term Car Rental

luvstx
November 21, 2013 07:54AM

As we begin to consider spending two to three months on STX in coming years, renting a car becomes a big ticket item. Any advice from snowbirds or others how to arrange for a decent 'deal' on a car rental. I am hoping that we would get some kind of break for a long-term rental but perhaps not because the high season is when these companies make their money. I just got a $2000 quote from Hertz for a Yaris for two months.

Re: Long Term Car Rental

Alana33
November 21, 2013 08:12AM

Hertz is probably more expensve than others. Ask for a lease opton and not a day to day rental.
Check wth Budget and other companies for the best deals.
Just be aware that rates will probably be higher during winter months, especially in Feb. than in off season months

JulieKay
November 21, 2013 11:11AM

Centerline has fabulous rates, great vehicles, and are flexible. We rented an SUV from them for a week. Highly recommend.

sheiba
November 21, 2013 11:52AM

Yes. I second centerline. Last I checked , it was around $800 a month for an economy car.

bathiel
November 21, 2013 12:28PM

sheiba
Yes. I second centerline. Last I checked , it was around $800 a month for an economy car.

That's about right in my experience. We rented an Echo (precursor to the Yaris) for about $850/month a few years ago from Jan-Apr. We ultimately decided that, if we were to keep coming for the winters, it made more sense to buy our own.

Bernie

DanielB_STX
November 22, 2013 09:54AM

It's worth looking into Judi of Croix as well. They have a website with contact information, nice people and fair prices. For two months it's worthwhile getting a quote from all of the island rental companies.

MistB'Haven
November 24, 2013 07:27PM

I used Centerline one time and had a good experience but have used Skyline every year (4) since. Erica is great to work with and always gives me the monthly rate. Highly recommend them. And they are usually cheaper than Centerline. Judi has always been higher than either of them for the quotes I have gotten.

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →