Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Late Nite Food n Christiansted

thoogie
March 05, 2014 10:54AM

Getting in next week on the AA 8:40pm STX flight. What restaurants serve food to 10 pm or later in Christiansted? Been to STX many, many times so I don't need a rundown of where to eat during normal hours. Do Angry Nate's or Brew Pub serve at least a limited menu that late?

Also there was talk on this board a while ago about a new grocery store opening by The Pickled Greek. did it open or is the project on island time?

Thanks

Re: Late Nite Food n Christiansted

speee1dy
March 05, 2014 11:51AM

FAST FOOD might be an option. mddonalds, subway . food fair did open and they have a nice store but not really a grocery store more like a wawa or 7/11

Rowdy802
March 05, 2014 12:27PM

thoogie
Also there was talk on this board a while ago about a new grocery store opening by The Pickled Greek. did it open or is the project on island time?

Yes, it is open...

Angry Nate's - 340-692-6283
Hours - Mon - Sun: 7:00 am - 1:00 am (As posted on Facebook)

I would give'em a call to double check the posted hours....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2014 12:34PM by Rowdy802.

wcpalmer
March 05, 2014 02:13PM

What day are you getting in?

I tried to get some late night grub on a Sunday night in C'Sted around 10:30 and every kitchen on the boardwalk was closed.

With it being a Sunday the food truck that usually sits at the end of Kings Street was not their either...

A lady from Rum Runners directed us over to Sharky's, just off East End Road across from the baseball fields... They had pretty good pub food. I got Mahi Fingers and curly fries... just like fried chicken fingers but with Mahi. never had it before but it was quite tasty... I guess anything is good that late though.
-Cheers

thoogie
March 05, 2014 03:59PM

We're getting in Thursday but not renting a Jeep until Friday. I'm not taking a taxi to Sharkey's for stateside bar food.

Alana33
March 05, 2014 04:06PM

Bring food with you.

divinggirl
March 05, 2014 04:42PM

Most kitchens on the boardwalk will be closed after 9 or 10pm.
On a Thursday the food truck should be on Church street (right by the harbor & where taxis park). She has great food at a good value and is typically there until at least 11pm-12am.

DL
March 06, 2014 06:09PM

There is a Dominican (Dominican Republic) bar/restaurant on Hospital St on the left hand side when you're heading towards Gallows Bay from downtown. They have a dual Mexican and Dominican/West Indian menu. The roof is an converted former gas station roof and they have outdoor and bar seating. A great place to get some late night food, drinks and chat.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2014 06:11PM by DL.

Rowdy802
March 10, 2014 06:21AM

DL
There is a Dominican (Dominican Republic) bar/restaurant on Hospital St on the left hand side when you're heading towards Gallows Bay from downtown. They have a dual Mexican and Dominican/West Indian menu. The roof is an converted former gas station roof and they have outdoor and bar seating. A great place to get some late night food, drinks and chat.

Miriam's Bar & Restaurant

Except for the music volume, which may be a bit loud at times, the place is SAFE... No need to bring a pitbull with you, no one will mess with you...

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →