Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Dentist/Endodontist STX

pilatesgal318
June 02, 2014 10:49AM

Good morning, all,

I am in need of a good dentist/endodontist on STX - have a cracked tooth and am thinking I need a root canal sad
When on STT, I use Dr. Werth (whom I LOVE!) but since I find myself on STX more these days, I was hoping to find a good one here. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Dentist/Endodontist STX

vicanuck
June 02, 2014 11:32AM

Dr. Buska in Gallows Bay...719-7000.

LuckyGirl56
June 02, 2014 11:42AM

Dr. Buska is my dentist, and I had a cracked tooth and needed a root canal. Dr. Buksa did not do the root canal. He referred me to Dr. Delano at Toothworks. After the root canal, I went back to Dr. Buska for the crown.

DonExodus
June 02, 2014 12:10PM

The only endodontist in the VI is Dr. Delano- cannot recommend him enough.

Dr. Buska does great restorative work.

You should visit buska first to determine if the tooth is restorable- sometimes they cannot be saved with deep fractures.

CruzanIron
June 02, 2014 12:12PM

Stay away from Toothworks!

pilatesgal318
June 02, 2014 06:22PM

Thanks for all of the input everyone. CruzanIron, I am curious...could you PM me about your experience so that I may be fully informed? Thanks!

pilatesgal318
June 02, 2014 06:24PM

Thanks for the input everyone! CruzanIron, would you mind sending me a PM with your negative experience? I want to be as informed as possible!

malibutexan07
June 02, 2014 06:33PM

pilatesgal318
Thanks for the input everyone! CruzanIron, would you mind sending me a PM with your negative experience? I want to be as informed as possible!

I would like to know about the experience, as well. I am looking for a dentist on STX.

STXjill
June 02, 2014 10:09PM

If you're looking for a dentist on STX, Dr. Buska is definitely the best. Root canals always get referred to Dr. Delano.

StCroixBeachBoy
June 02, 2014 10:57PM

I third (or fourth) what others said. Dr. Delano was very easy to work with. In my case, Dr. Buska referred me for endodontic work, but after a more thorough exam (and x-Ray with more specialized equipment), Dr. Delano determined a root canal wasn't necessary. I would highly recommend both of them!

Stxer1
June 03, 2014 08:05AM

Dr. Buska for sure

noOne
June 04, 2014 10:49PM

Talk about a consensus, I've never seen so many on the Internet agree so much...

MissJustice
June 05, 2014 06:22AM

The only person certified as a periodontist is Delano, to answer your question. Busk a is okay. He does not do peridontal treatment.

I have not been to either.

I wish Cruzan would state what his issue is with Delano.

caribstx
June 05, 2014 08:27AM

MJ...How can you endorse Buska as okay when you state that "I have not been to either"?

I have been to Buska many times and he is a very good dentist with a professional operation.

rosesisland
June 05, 2014 08:27AM

Does Buska have a dental hygienist? Last X-rays were good and no problems and would just like to have my semi-annual cleaning.

LuckyGirl56
June 05, 2014 08:30AM

Yes, Dr. Buska has a dental hygienist in his office. If you just want a cleaning you can schedule with her. I think she stays pretty busy so you might have to wait a while to get a scheduled appointment.

CruzanIron
June 05, 2014 08:38AM

MissJustice
The only person certified as a periodontist is Delano, to answer your question. Busk a is okay. He does not do peridontal treatment.

I have not been to either.

I wish Cruzan would state what his issue is with Delano.

Had an infected tooth that needed a root canal. Delano did the work, but felt that antibiotics were unnecessary after he 'cleaned it out'.
Tooth became infected, had to get antibiotics, took 3 week for pain and discomfort to stop. And I have a high tolerance.

Have had 3 other root canals in the past. Nothing even close to what I went through with this one.

caribstx
June 05, 2014 11:14AM

Dr. Buska now has two hygienists...

stt007
June 05, 2014 01:41PM

I use Buska and am very happy with him. Needed a root canal so was referred to Delano. I've had about 10 root canals total and his was as good as any other i had. One comment, although not a big deal, is that I like to use Nitrous oxide during the root canals. first they didn't have any but when I showed up, they had it....but then they ran out during the procedure. no biggie. No problems after the root canal.

speee1dy
June 06, 2014 08:05AM

i was at dr buska yesterday. new dental hygienist but you will be in for a bit of a wait. there is a backlog after not having one for some time .
she is a very nice calming person as is buska. and she just moved here.

sunshinefun
June 06, 2014 08:11AM

They've had Leslie the original hygienist since day one. But Dr. Buska is so popular that they have had to hire a second hygienist to pick up the back log.

pilatesgal318
June 06, 2014 11:12PM

CruzanIron , thank you for telling why your experience with Dr. Delano was less than stellar.

malibutexan07
July 18, 2014 03:57PM

Does anyone have any good/bad comments on the following dentists on STX? I need to pick one of these, who are in-network, so your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Jennifer S. James (Constitution Hill)
Talia Moses (Estate Diamond)
Ruby Lake (Orange Grove)

Bratt
July 18, 2014 05:05PM

Dr. Buska ROCKS. I was just there two days ago. The staff is friendly and professional and the work they do is awesome.

DonExodus
July 21, 2014 10:50PM

Delano is great. Dentistry is an art and a science, and sometimes things do not go perfectly. Dr. Moses is excellent.

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →