Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Debate

Novanut
August 07, 2015 12:11PM

For those of you who may have watched the Fox presidential debate last night (Nielsen's overnights indicates this may be the largest ratings for any presidential debate), what are your thoughts? I couldn't watch but from the looks of this morning's reports, left and right, and the comments, left and right, Trump handled himself well. But the moderators didn't and Fox may have a lot of damage control on their hands.

Just curious about the islanders thoughts...

Re: Debate

TommySTX
August 07, 2015 12:23PM

It doesn't matter what we think. We are savages who are not availed the right to vote for president.

Novanut
August 07, 2015 12:53PM

I wouldn't be so sure of that. We are under the American Flag and rules. If the new president changes those rules we may end up in good times, or not...

susan56
August 07, 2015 01:01PM

I thought Trump looked like an arrogant idiot!!!

TommySTX
August 07, 2015 01:08PM

I am absolutely sure we do not have the right to vote for president.

vicanuck
August 07, 2015 01:36PM

I loved Trump and Fiorina...they would make a great team. Trump is so honest and forthright. Refreshing!

But I'm a Canadian...what do I know!

speee1dy
August 07, 2015 01:37PM

it would have been nice if megan fox had been a bit professional in regards to the question she asked trump about his feud with rosie odonnel

wonder if she would have asked hillary any questions about her comments about monica lewinski or any of the other ladies bill had affairs with

speee1dy
August 07, 2015 01:38PM

i taped the debates because i knew i would fall asleep

Novanut
August 07, 2015 01:56PM

TommySTX
I am absolutely sure we do not have the right to vote for president.

You are absolutely correct. However, the next president, whoever that may be, may see the territories in a different light.

The only constant in life is change. :}

Juanita
August 07, 2015 01:59PM

speee1dy
it would have been nice if megan fox had been a bit professional in regards to the question she asked trump about his feud with rosie odonnel

wonder if she would have asked hillary any questions about her comments about monica lewinski or any of the other ladies bill had affairs with

Megan Fox didn't ask Trump about Rosie. She asked him about his use of degrading terms, like fat, slob, etc. to describe women. He is the one who brought up her name.

Juanita

DanielB_STX
August 07, 2015 02:14PM

Juanita is 100% correct about what Meygn Kelly said. And she was polite and professional to all the candidates. In my opinion she did a great job. Check out this fact checker report. [www.msn.com]

speee1dy
August 07, 2015 02:16PM

i personally thought it was an unprofessional question as she knew about the feud between him and rosie . i would have preferred she actually asked a better question. that was brought up just to mud sling IMO

Spartygrad95
August 07, 2015 04:55PM

If you've ever seen a monkey @#$%& fight at a zoo you've seen every debate. Pass.

speee1dy
August 07, 2015 05:43PM

janeinstx
August 07, 2015 05:59PM

thumbs up. I watched both. Debate light and the main event. Trump was better behaved than I expected. Huckabee for the most part sounded more intelligent than I expected. I really wish Cerly Fiorina had been a participant in the main event. She kicked some serious ass and if I could vote, at this point she'd have mine.

Juanita
speee1dy

Megan Fox didn't ask Trump about Rosie. She asked him about his use of degrading terms, like fat, slob, etc. to describe women. He is the one who brought up her name.

Alana33
August 07, 2015 07:34PM

That's all the republican party has to offer, is theses hopefuls!
Good grief!

dougtamjj
August 07, 2015 08:10PM

I thought they were wonderful.

Tammy

speee1dy
August 07, 2015 08:24PM

true, she did not mention rosies name, but she knew what it was about.

i taped it to watch later but i did hear carly did a great job.

FLLisa
August 08, 2015 11:48AM

I was disappointed that environmental issues didn't come up at all.

Spartygrad95
August 08, 2015 11:52AM

FLLisa
I was disappointed that environmental issues didn't come up at all.

Lol in a Republican debate?

FLLisa
August 08, 2015 11:55AM

I know, I know. I just keep hoping.....

Scubadoo
August 08, 2015 02:14PM

The republican debate on environmental issues will be which agencies to defund or which laws to replealbig grin

speee1dy
August 08, 2015 02:27PM

i only watched a bit, but did not hear too many good topics

Alana33
August 08, 2015 06:06PM

wanderer
August 08, 2015 07:16PM

TommySTX
It doesn't matter what we think. We are savages who are not availed the right to vote for president.

It's my understanding that VI residents can participate in presidential primary elections and the caucuses, and can have representation in the national convention. So, I think in terms of the primary presidential elections, VI residents have the same rights as the state side residents.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2015 07:17PM by wanderer.

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →