Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

If you could live anywhere in USVI.....

shangirl
December 15, 2015 11:32PM

For those that have been living in USVI, if you could live anywhere on the three main islands, where would you live? Is your current area your favorite residence? Why would you choose that area (whatever your number 1 choice is)

I know it makes sense to think you would be living in your number one choice of area, but here in Florida, I am living in an area that is not my first choice for a number of logistical reasons. I'm just wanting to hear your reasons why you would choose to live in whatever you deem to be your number one choice area to live in USVI.

Re: If you could live anywhere in USVI.....

stjohnjulie
December 16, 2015 04:51AM

I'm on the island I want to be on. It's small, not a lot of people, not a lot of traffic, not a lot of corporate or franchise anything. I might want to be in a different spot on St. John. I don't have a view of the ocean, and that would be nice. So I guess if I were to change anything, I'd have a spot overlooking Rendezvous Bay which would give me great sunrises and really pretty lighting of the water in the afternoons.

OldTart
December 16, 2015 05:53AM

I'n exactly where I want to be on St Thomas and it's an impossible question to answer. If I'd settled on St Croix, St John or Water Island I've mo doubt I would have adapted equally well but I'm sure my life would have been very different and gone in a totally different direction.

DanielB_STX
December 16, 2015 03:12PM

I agree with Old Tart and as you can tell I'm on STX...I've adjusted from Manhattan and Texas as well.....Austin is special.

shangirl
December 16, 2015 03:26PM

Thanks guys. Good answers. I love Austin as well! Although I've never lived there.

stxsailor
December 16, 2015 04:55PM

i love my east end of St. Croix, open spaces, close to the marina and bars/restaurants. wouldn't go anywhere else.

AandA2VI
December 16, 2015 06:29PM

I'd choose to be back in STT Northside - just above the cloud line - with views of Magen's and BVIs. Thats where I lived and miss it EVERY day.

In STX now and live west by rainforest - its my favorite area here.

STXBob
December 16, 2015 06:46PM

I would (and do) live on STX. I'm on the East End which is nice, but I also liked North Shore when I was there.

wanderer
December 16, 2015 11:30PM

Little St. James would be interesting.

OldTart
December 17, 2015 05:59AM

wanderer
Little St. James would be interesting.

Only if you could afford to purchase it as it's privately owned.

SkysTheLimit
December 17, 2015 09:59AM

Where I live now. North Shore STX in the hills.
Cool breezes, great views, awesome neighbors, secluded but not too secluded. Several bars and restaurants down the street, plenty of rain and singing frogs.........

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →