Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Home Depot/TriStar

ptcruzan
December 17, 2015 08:58AM

Curious if anyone has had difficulties getting things delivered from HD via TriStar which seems to be their dedicated delivery service? Communication between HD & TS appears to be problematic and calling TS directly doesn't appear effective either. An aside its unbelievable TS doesn't have voicemail setup to leave a message if needed. Phone simply rings & hangs up if nobody answers. It's taking me literally weeks attempting to get an item delivered & installed.

Does anyone know a way around this? Perhaps another service I can use? Being off island doesn't help and I'm desperately trying to get things setup before vacation renters arrive. I would appreciate any advice anyone can offer. Thanks for reading.

Re: Home Depot/TriStar

OldTart
December 17, 2015 09:13AM

Which island? An in-store purchase? Have you called HD directly?

Oldie1
December 17, 2015 10:36AM

I'm guessing you're on STX

Tri Star is the worst I have ever dealt with both for delivery and installation. Arrange independent contractors if you can.

ptcruzan
December 17, 2015 11:57AM

Oops good question - yes STX.. I finally heard back a few minutes ago and got an appt for tomorrow and praying it will actually happen. Thank you Oldie & OldTart for taking the time to respond. I will definitely seek independent contractors next time after this experience.

Also get this - I was told delay was partly due to someone having the time to "drive all the way east". My property is in Villa Madeleine. Yes it's far but either offer island wide service or not vs wasting someone's time!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2015 12:02PM by ptcruzan.

heavyd
December 17, 2015 09:27PM

Be prepared to have some one there to receive your items at the curb side, because Tristar deliver only to the curb, extra for installation inside the unit. Trust me I'm right next to you.

ptcruzan
December 18, 2015 09:33AM

Thank you HeavyD. Happily our Mgr will be onsite to manage. I appreciate the heads up.

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →