Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

2014 Tax Returns

isl3985
March 18, 2016 05:11PM

Anyone received these yet? I'm still waiting.

Moved back to the states in mid-2014 so I'm not holding my breath that my return will actually be sent to my new address........

Re: 2014 Tax Returns

speee1dy
March 19, 2016 10:38AM

Still waiting for mine too. They had questions on mine so I guess thats why mine is taking so long ? Sure could use it

Did you go to the irs website and put in a change of address?

Matt
March 28, 2016 02:22PM

I got mine when Mapp hit the "Hovensa" Lottery! Had my employer stop taking taxes out of my check since then, I can save my own $ and keep what's left over this year instead of waiting a year to get it back!

speee1dy
March 28, 2016 02:27PM

i thought i would get mine back too with that jackpot

stjohnjulie
March 29, 2016 04:08AM

I haven't gotten mine either. I haven't called to ask them if there are any problems as of yet. isl3985, did you fill out the change of address with the IRB? You will have to do that if you haven't already. After dozens and dozens of phone calls, I eventually found out that the reason my 2010, 2011, and 2012 refunds were held is because they had questions on my 2010 (which turned into audit on all years, which came out clean, on all years). They wouldn't tell me why they had questions on the phone. Needed to send me an official letter, but only would do it to the address on my 2010 form, not the address on the other two years. Had to file an official change of address for my 2010. Lots. Of. Fun. I got all of my refunds in 2015, along with interest, and a 1099-INT. No 2014 yet. And I'm definitely not going to hold my breath on the 2015 return either! I wish I could arrange it so I wasn't owed anything, but being self employed, with kids, it just never turns out where I owe IRB anything. IRS, always owe, and it's usually a wash and I sure wish I could use the return to pay the IRS.

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →