Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Where to get memory foam topper Stx

Betsyshaffer
May 31, 2016 09:29PM

Have tried k-mart, Amazon, Walmart. No one will ship it. Any place on Stx sell them?

Re: Where to get memory foam topper Stx

Scubadoo
May 31, 2016 11:57PM

May have to ship to a freight forwarder. Or check with Carlos Furniture they sell memory foam mattresses.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2016 12:04AM by Scubadoo.

stjohnjulie
June 01, 2016 04:30AM

I have gotten them shipped from Linen Source and Macy's. I really loved the one I got from Linen Source, Iso-Cool. Actually, just looked it up on Amazon and found someone who will ship that particular one here, iSo-Cool on Amazon

speee1dy
June 01, 2016 07:57AM

i ordered one from either jc penney or walmart? cant remember which one

Scubadoo
June 01, 2016 08:05AM

I was going to suggest Macy's but every one I looked at there had a disclaimer that they don't ship it to USVI (or other territories).

rmb2830
June 01, 2016 11:22AM

I got 3 from Walmart last month, they shipped USPS. You need to make sure you are choosing items sold by walmart and not one of the other companies they list on their webpages though. Likely Penneys would ship to vi as well, as we buy all sorts of things from them.

caribstx
June 01, 2016 11:24AM

Betsyshaffer
Have tried k-mart, Amazon, Walmart. No one will ship it. Any place on Stx sell them?

Everyone ships to VI Cargo or Paradise Freight in Miami.

CruzanIron
June 01, 2016 01:25PM

caribstx
Betsyshaffer

Everyone? I guess I'm a nobody then.

OldTart
June 01, 2016 01:46PM

Overstock.com has them and has a big sign in red top of the page noting that they now ship to "Virgin Islands US":
[www.overstock.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2016 01:47PM by OldTart.

watruw8ing4
June 01, 2016 06:37PM

OldTart
Overstock.com has them and has a big sign in red top of the page noting that they now ship to "Virgin Islands US":
[www.overstock.com]

FYI on this: They still charge International shipping rates. The shipping charge for me was $35 for one set of sheets. It may be worth it for a good mattress topper you can't find elsewhere. Just didn't want people to get all excited.

OldTart
June 01, 2016 07:03PM

I'd not looked at the shipping but it doesn't surprise me although I don't think it's the retailer's "fault" but the policy of the shippers if the package is bulky. I've had several large items which would travel interstate for next to nothing via, for instance, UPS but shipping here hugely expensively and not worth it. Fortunately I have an option so have the items shipped interstate and then they get to me a week or two later. Other items I've had shipped to friends stateside and then sent on to me flat rate priority if size allows. It's always a juggling act.

Exit Zero
June 01, 2016 09:02PM

I had all the cushions and mattresses for a 40' sailboat shipped here priority mail - the company vacuumed shrink wrapped them into very manageable boxable sizes no problem.

Scubadoo
June 01, 2016 09:18PM

Sounds like my memory foam mattresses. Two twin XLs each came in a small box. It was like an inflatable raft when they pulled the rip cord.

AandA2VI
June 03, 2016 12:42PM

I got mine on Amazon shipped here no problem. When I get home I'll post a link for u. It was like $120 and VERY comfortable! Now on our guest room bed, everyone comments on it. It does gas a bit so we kept it on the patio for a coupe days to air out.

AandA2VI
June 03, 2016 09:41PM

CaptainMalibu
June 05, 2016 02:00AM

CruzanIron
caribstx
Betsyshaffer

Everyone? I guess I'm a nobody then.

I think what was intended here is that all companies will ship to VI Cargo or Paradise Freight not that everyone on the island uses them.

That said, I purchased my topper from Amazon and shipped through Paradise Freight.

Betsyshaffer
June 05, 2016 08:15AM

Thank you everyone. I was able to order the one mentioned by A&A, from Amazon, no shipping charge after I questioned it. It was a less expensive one from them that i tried to order that indicated could not ship.

Scubadoo
June 05, 2016 10:21AM

CaptainMalibu

I think what was intended here is that all companies will ship to VI Cargo or Paradise Freight not that everyone on the island uses them.

There are some companies in general that will not ship to known freight forwarders for whatever their reasons.

stxisbest
June 05, 2016 07:08PM

Scubadoo
CaptainMalibu

There are some companies in general that will not ship to known freight forwarders for whatever their reasons.

thumbs up

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →