Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Rum vs MJ

Courtney
September 18, 2016 03:19PM

I totally prefer rum/beer drinkers over pot smokers anyday.

If I walk into a bar with a rum drinker in the corner, I know I can have a good time.

If I walk into a bar with a pot smoker in the corner, the smell permeates the entire place.

Rum drinkers can be VERY loud but the smell of MJ can be smelled over a long distance and is a bit offensive.

Rum 1
Pot 0

And I may be totally wrong, please tell me if I am.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2016 04:00PM by Courtney.

Re: Rum vs MJ

Courtney
September 18, 2016 03:45PM

And please tell me if you feel im wrong. I am open to discussion just please dont throw insults.

Pdmargie
September 18, 2016 04:22PM

I met a guy once who said he was allergic to alcohol,.....it made him break out in handcuffs. I think individual response to the particular intoxicant determines the quality of the company! Lol!

OldTart
September 18, 2016 04:22PM

I have many friends who are regular, conservative smokers and many friends who are regular conservative drinkers but certainly wouldn't consider either as being more fun than the other. Never been in a bar where MJ is smoked. Living here, most of the smoking is al fresco.

MJ smokers don't get stroppy when they overindulge, unlike many drinkers. MJ smokers don't get falling down vomiting stupid. I could probably go on but you get the drift. big grin

Courtney
September 18, 2016 06:25PM

I totally get what ur saying.. Ive been known to get a little stupid with rum, but smoking just seems to be offensive because no matter where you are lighting up, everyone is getting the stench. That seems to be the biggest problem with MJ to me, right?

OldTart
September 18, 2016 06:31PM

Courtney
... but smoking just seems to be offensive because no matter where you are lighting up, everyone is getting the stench. That seems to be the biggest problem with MJ to me, right?

The good stuff smells far less offensive than the low grade stuff! I find cigarette smoke far more noxious, was a smoker for 50 years and still objected to the smell!

Pdmargie
September 18, 2016 06:32PM

Edibles are all the rage in Colorado,....apparently.

OldTart
September 18, 2016 06:37PM

Pdmargie

A good gooey laced brownie has always been a staple and always enjoyable.

vicanuck
September 19, 2016 08:16AM

Pdmargie

There is no shortage of edibles on STX.

sunshinefun
September 19, 2016 08:37AM

Courtney
I totally prefer rum/beer drinkers over pot smokers anyday.

If I walk into a bar with a rum drinker in the corner, I know I can have a good time.

If I walk into a bar with a pot smoker in the corner, the smell permeates the entire place.

Rum drinkers can be VERY loud but the smell of MJ can be smelled over a long distance and is a bit offensive.

Rum 1
Pot 0

And I may be totally wrong, please tell me if I am.

Stupidest Post of the Week Award Winner.

Courtney
September 19, 2016 09:46AM

I just wanted to know what people thought.

I do appreciate awards though thinking

ms411
September 19, 2016 09:57AM

Courtney
I do appreciate awards though thinking

big grin

speee1dy
September 19, 2016 10:08AM

back when i smoked, it would just make me sleepy. when i would drink, i was a little bit more outgoing

i dont do either now.

Bombi
September 19, 2016 10:24AM

I think that they compliment each other nicely.

optimist with low expectations on STX

Ronnie
September 19, 2016 11:04AM

I find the aroma from MJ nasty these days. What did they do to it or what have they put in it?

RLcool

OldTart
September 19, 2016 11:28AM

Ronnie
I find the aroma from MJ nasty these days. What did they do to it or what have they put in it?

As mentioned earlier, depends on the quality of the product. Good quality = pricier.

ms411
September 19, 2016 01:11PM

Ha, ha! When I smell it on the safari or in other areas, smells same to me. I might not recognize it otherwise.

mtdoramike
September 21, 2016 10:17AM

Ah come on, what is an insult or three between forum members. If the pot smoking offends you, just take a few deep breaths and I'm sure you will become a bit more tolerant. The only point I will make here is pot has some redeeming value where as alcohol has none other than soaking your misery in. Pot or medical MJ is used by quite a bit of folks who really need the medical benefits of it. But I believe that smoking period should be outlawed in any public place because of the second hand issues where as alcohol only has the second hand issue of being a belligerent jerk.

mike

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →