Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Stool sample?

November 09, 2016 05:38PM

I was just on reddit helping a girl get some information on moving. Obviously I told her to come here. smiling
Well this guy who says he lives on STJ told her to be prepared to poop in a cup.
I thought he was full of bs and was trying to scare her, so I called him on it.
He was dead serious and said he had to bring 2 stool samples to the clinic in Cruz Bay.

I have read virtually everything on this site and have corresponded with many of you via email. No one has mentioned a stool sample.
WTF is that guy Talking about?

Someone please help.

Re: Stool sample?

November 09, 2016 05:42PM

Yes, doctors require stool samples for testing.

Yes, you usually have to put them in the container provided by the doctor or lab.

He was maybe referring to the process of getting the Health card? You didn't say why it was needed.

November 09, 2016 05:47PM

Why is this a problem. I have to give a stool sample once a year for my annual checkup. It's usually a card that requires three samples. Just do itthinking

November 09, 2016 05:59PM

the truth

Exit Zero
November 09, 2016 10:46PM

The size and amount of the sample needed for a Food Handlers card which is needed for many service jobs in the USVI certainly does not need to be done by "pooping in a cup"

November 10, 2016 04:19AM

For the food handlers card (heath card), you need to submit a 'walnut size' sample of poo for testing. They give you a container about the size of a regular prescription bottle, with a little scoop thing on the lid. So if this person was at all talking about working in the food/beverage industry or childcare industry, they will have to have a food handlers/heath card which you can't get with out a stool sample.

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Join Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

USVI Books & Souvenirs

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →