Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Re: Freedom City Surf and Grill closing in St. Croix?

rosesisland
January 22, 2018 07:59AM

Definitely closed. The shop was burned. I haven't talked to Pi since I've been back on island only one week, so, I can't say if they'll try and open again. Doesn't look good right now.
Coconuts is remodeling and probably name change as well and should be opening soon.
I live West and many changes since Maria. Lost Dog moved one door north.

LiquidFluoride
January 22, 2018 09:03AM

Pi left island and isn't coming back from what I heard.. I doubt coconuts will remodel anytime soon.

AandA2VI
January 23, 2018 03:41AM

Pi is living in TX with Q. Bill is living in MI. I sure do miss them and working at FCS. They won’t be back to reopen as the building burnt down. A real tough blow to Fsted and the cruise ships. The land owner for a long time was trying to get the out of there. He is a dick and a real liar. Khama come for dat man. Coconuts looked like a hot mess before I moved back to STT. I can’t imagine anyone investing in that place. Barely holding up. RIP FCS.

icechipmom
February 18, 2018 10:01AM

Sadly Freedom City Surf and Grill received devastating damage from Irma, Jose and finally Maria, totaling the surf shop and badly damaging the Grill. Maria's wrath hit FCS directly.

caribstx
February 20, 2018 08:22AM

I never liked Freedom City Surf nor the people who ran it. Plus, the access to the beach in that area is rocky. I certainly won't be missing them.

dougtamjj
February 20, 2018 12:51PM

I am so sad that they are gone. We tried to go every Sunday from the East End. They were always friendly to us. Yes, the beach is rocky but so good for snorkeling and finding treasures. Just a different opinion.

Tammy

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →