Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Smoke Shop STX? Looking for a battery

AandA2VI
February 09, 2017 05:31PM

Looking for a battery - 18650 Lithium Battery Rechargeable. OMX doest carry and Radio Shack is out and no idea on when they'd get it in. I can't order it on amazon, wont ship here.

It's actually for an underwater LED light but I see that model is used for rechargeable E-cigs so I wonder, is there a place on island that has a selection of E-cigs and batteries?

Shot in the dark I'm sure but I gotta figure out a way to get that battery. Royal Caribbean in STT doesn't carry it either... plus not sure if they can put that on the seaplane anyway.

I wonder... if I have my sister in the states ship it USPS will it get confiscated since it's a LI battery? I've ordered camera stuff with Li's but this is proving to be difficult and I wanna play with this new light lol.

Re: Smoke Shop STX? Looking for a battery

Bombi
February 09, 2017 05:42PM

Ship it to VI Cargo then pick it up there in Castle Coakley.

optimist with low expectations on STX

AandA2VI
February 09, 2017 05:43PM

Yea may have to go that route. Just silly for a $10 battery lol. #islandlife

TN_Travelers
February 09, 2017 06:07PM

You are a day late. I just left the island yesterday and have half a dozen sitting in my dive equipment cabinet (for my lights). I will be back in 7 weeks and will bring you some then, if you still need them. thinking

gringojj
February 09, 2017 10:20PM

Home Depot has a good flashlight selection. Maybe they have something like that.

sttanon
February 10, 2017 07:21AM

Try Baci downtown C'sted, they have e-cigs

speee1dy
February 10, 2017 07:43AM

baci or steels smokes and sweets might have them. baci is across from the perfume shop in town. steels is across from a jewelry store in the courtyard where purple papaya is

vicanuck
February 10, 2017 08:59AM

AandA2VI
I can't order it on amazon, wont ship here.

Amazon ships anything to Paradise Freight.

tedc
February 10, 2017 09:50AM

You can find some eBay vendors who will ship those batteries here - as it's a common battery for LED flashlights, etc. No, they're not supposed to via mail - but they do.

Many laptops use those cells in their battery packs too, look for instructions online on how to harvest them and test them, often a pack with one bad cell won't work for the laptop any more, but you can still get the 5 good cells from it.

AandA2VI
February 10, 2017 02:11PM

TN_Travelers
You are a day late. I just left the island yesterday and have half a dozen sitting in my dive equipment cabinet (for my lights). I will be back in 7 weeks and will bring you some then, if you still need them. thinking

DANG!!! Just missed it sad smiley So bummed, doing a north shore night dive tonight to see if I can get coral spawn pics and wanted to take that light sad smiley

Back doesn't carry, Mikes doest, Mini World - no. I guess I will have to try to ship to PF.

Alana33
February 10, 2017 02:21PM

No dive shops have or can lend you one for your dive?
Those spawning pictures would be awesome.

AandA2VI
February 10, 2017 04:58PM

Well I'll have my other camera for the pics. The light would help but I have back ups. Fingers crossed we can give some coral popping off! I've wanted to find coral spawning forever. should be great with the full moon! Maybe I'll finally see a hammerhead!

Alana33
February 10, 2017 05:35PM

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →