Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Relocating STX next year- attending UVI, mental healthcare jobs?

April 11, 2017 12:23AM

Hello! Looking to relocate to St Croix next year. Planning on attending UVI to finish my degree in psychology.

Any UVI alumni or current students on here that could talk about what they like and dislike about the school? Would also appreciate hearing current student and alumni speak about employment. While in school are there work study opportunities? How about job placement resources through the school after graduating?
I was in touch with a professor about this but haven't heard back from her in a few weeks.

Also - along the lines of residential treatment facilities, is Virgin Island Behavioral Services the only company on the island that has these? Are job openings within VIBS frequent?
Anybody have anything to say about VIBS?

Any information about these topics would be greatly appreciated! I will be visiting in May to check things out in person and would love to make some contacts regarding this kind of work smiling

Re: Relocating STX next year- attending UVI, mental healthcare jobs?

East Ender
April 11, 2017 05:54PM

There is a residential treatment program on St Croix? That is interesting. We have nothing of the sort on St Thomas. Or is that the substance abuse program?

Re: Relocating STX next year- attending UVI, mental healthcare jobs?

April 11, 2017 10:27PM

Public mental health programs are practically non existent.
Call your human resources department at UVI to inquire.

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Join Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

USVI Books & Souvenirs

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →