Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

'Local' Hotel

GW7569
April 19, 2017 01:05PM

Hello All,

Been a while since I have been on - been very busy working toward retirement. Wife and I are planning a PMV in early May. Am looking for a clean friendly hotel with reasonable rates. (No resorts) Pool and close to the beach would be great - but realize those two items tend to drive the price up.
Would prefer Fredericksted area - but open to all suggestions.
As always, thank you~
Bill

Bill

Re: 'Local' Hotel

Scubadoo
April 19, 2017 01:17PM

Several small hotels in downtown C'sted, some with pool. No beach but HOTC beach is a short water taxi ride away. HOTC is another option, not what we would call a resort per se, certainly not 5 star. F'sted hotels are going to be more resort like as well, on the beach. If you're really on a budget there's Villa Morales guest house near F'sted. No pool, I don't think they have phone or TV either.

caribstx
April 19, 2017 02:19PM

There are many awesome AirBNB operators on the island and many out west.

Give them consideration too as you are likely to find a much better deal with better amenities than a hotel.

Gator's Mom
April 19, 2017 02:24PM

Caribbean Breeze apartments (vacation rentals) have a number of units in Frederiksted.

Brand new beautiful pool.

[caribbeanbreezevacationsstcroix.com]

Alana33
April 19, 2017 02:48PM

Looks nice but they don't actually list the nightly/weekly rates for different times of year. Did I miss something? I saw rates for additional persons, deposits, beach towels, etc.

Gator's Mom
April 19, 2017 04:32PM

Caribbean Breeze in Frederiksted uses AirBnB. Try this link.

[www.airbnb.com]

or Facebook

[www.facebook.com]

Alana33
Looks nice but they don't actually list the nightly/weekly rates for different times of year. Did I miss something? I saw rates for additional persons, deposits, beach towels, etc.

GW7569
April 20, 2017 01:09PM

Thankx All -- I knew I could count on sound advice from you all -- will check some of these places when we land. happy
Bill

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →