Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Sprint

bdwestfall
June 13, 2017 06:21PM

Hi All,

From what I can see from a lot of the Forum is tat ATT seems to be the provider of choice, but how is Spring? I'm having issues with ATT buying out my Verizon contract. Sprint is offering a better deal on paper, but if it doesn't work on island it doesn't matter. What experiences have people had with sprint on island?

Thanks
D

Re: Sprint

bdwestfall
June 13, 2017 11:31PM

Sorry for the typos, but doesn't anyone have sprint on island? Just curious. Thanks

fdr
June 14, 2017 01:13AM

You didn't say which island, but I am guessing STT based on your past posts. The reason we're not answering is most of us have AT&T, because that is what usually works best in most locations on STT and STJ.

Here is where a dozen people will jump in to point out that I am wrong, so you'll get some responses now. big grin

Alana33
June 14, 2017 02:14AM

I had Sprint for awhile but switched to AT&T as it had better coverage.

bdwestfall
June 14, 2017 02:16AM

Thanks. Sorry, yes st thomas. Everyone I talk to says att, but their buyout structure is going to cost a good deal. Was hoping sprint was at least acceptable. But if not I guess I'll pay a ton to break my contract and deal with att.

stjohnjulie
June 14, 2017 03:18AM

I have had Sprint for years. Works well enough for me. I actually chose them originally because AT&T had some strange dead spots on STJ, one of them being my store. But with Sprint, it doesn't work incredibly well inside my house but Sprint provided me with a free booster to help with that. Otherwise, I have pretty good coverage in pretty much all the same spots as At&T on STJ.

ms411
June 14, 2017 12:29PM

I havd Sprint on STT and have had it for years. There are dead spots (Frenchman's Bay for sure and probably others) but I don't need it in those areas. Service is very reliable, service in the store is good, and I'm hoping they'll merge with TMohile for their international plan.????

li2stxx
June 14, 2017 05:12PM

Does anyone know about coverage/service for Sprint on St Croix ?
Thanks

Beeski
June 15, 2017 03:45PM

li2stxx
Does anyone know about coverage/service for Sprint on St Croix ?
Thanks

Coverage is good to adequate for Sprint with the exceptions of:
- East End (basically of Cheeseburgers)
- NW corner (nobody services that area)
- North shore / Cane Bay

DL
June 19, 2017 10:48AM

Sprint's service is frustratingly slow on St. Croix (and even throughout the US mainland) and I am seriously considering moving to AT&T.

Sprint blind spots:
East of Cotton Valley
South Shore past the shooting range
Estate St. John near the intersection by the church
Estate Anna's Hope near Gateway
North Shore
Hams Bluff area

li2stxx
June 20, 2017 06:52PM

I am out past CV, so I guess that is a no go, Thanks

Alana33
June 20, 2017 08:41PM

Poster was inquiring about Spint service in STT since that's where he's moving.

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →