Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

All St. Croix pharmacies are unable to accept Medicare

mickeyg
June 17, 2017 09:38AM

When I was at the pharmacy yesterday there was a note posted stating that NO pharmacy on island is able to accept Medicare.

Does anyone know why?

Re: All St. Croix pharmacies are unable to accept Medicare

rosesisland
June 17, 2017 11:55AM

Oh, my goodness! Not currently on any prescription meds, but, seriously, when I need them, I want my Medicare Part D to work for me as I pay for it!

janeinstx
June 18, 2017 05:16AM

Which pharmacy? Assuming you mean Part D drug coverage there are about 500 different plans. None of them cover all drugs.

speee1dy
June 18, 2017 07:46AM

is this new? last i heard Mt Welcome does cover it

rosesisland
June 18, 2017 09:01AM

Sorry, I just can't help myself.

Did any of the above read the first post or just the title and then commented?

It was yesterday she said which is now day before yesterday. That kinda covers the question "is this new?"

No, poster did not mention a certain drug. And, yes, Medicare at a pharmacy is also known as MEDICARE PART D. The 500 plans makes no difference if sign said, "NO PHARMACIES IN THE VI ACCEPT MEDICARE."

Now I have no idea if poster is being truthful or not as I've seen no verification of this, but, I also have no reason to doubt the post either.

singlefin
June 18, 2017 09:13AM

Better question,
Why didn't "mickyg" just ask the pharmacist why the note was hung up in his place of business, instead of putting everyone into a panic and asking his question here???

janeinstx
June 18, 2017 01:06PM

I read it. My husband is a pharmacist on STX and he said it is simply not true.

rosesisland

It was yesterday she said which is now day before yesterday. That kinda covers the question "is this new?"

No, poster did not mention a certain drug. And, yes, Medicare at a pharmacy is also known as MEDICARE PART D. The 500 plans makes no difference if sign said, "NO PHARMACIES IN THE VI ACCEPT MEDICARE."

Now I have no idea if poster is being truthful or not as I've seen no verification of this, but, I also have no reason to doubt the post either.

singlefin
June 18, 2017 03:27PM

Thank you Janeinstx

speee1dy
June 18, 2017 06:32PM

i read it too.

just because the post is new does not mean anything. the poster might not have been to a pharmacy in a while. i was wondering if this was a new policy on island.

but thanks to jane we have the answer and no snark from her

rosesisland

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →