Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Optometrist in St. Croix

StacyM
June 27, 2017 08:51AM

Good morning. Does anyone know of a good optometrist in St. Croix to recommend that you've had a good experience with? I just need a standard eye exam for contact lenses. I could do this the next time I'm visiting family in the states, but I am hoping to find one on island. Thank you so much!

Re: Optometrist in St. Croix

speee1dy
June 27, 2017 12:00PM

there is one up by kmart in the medical building where you get your blood drawn

stxnama
June 27, 2017 01:07PM

Jaclyn Roback is great. She is in the building mentioned above....it is just past Marshall & Sterling on the left as you drive from Centerline towards Kmart

vicanuck
June 27, 2017 01:50PM

Vision Center is Sunny Isle or Sterling Optical in Golden Rock. You might try Plessen too.

StacyM
June 27, 2017 02:34PM

Thank you all so much for these fantastic recommendations. I will try one of these. I truly appreciate this!

Novanut
June 27, 2017 05:25PM

Might try Plessen first. IMHO

islandtyme
June 27, 2017 06:03PM

I had a great experience with the Vision Center in Sunny Isle. Had excellent customer service! Everyone was very helpful, kind and caring.

Oldie1
June 27, 2017 08:13PM

Plessen is great but not for glasses

caribbean345
June 27, 2017 08:23PM

Love the vision center and Dr Robak... She's the best!

StacyM
June 28, 2017 08:52AM

Wonderful! Thank you all!

StacyM
July 05, 2017 12:47AM

Just following up to say that I went to the Vision Center in Sunny Isle and had an outstanding experience, start to finish. Each employee with which I interacted - 5 total - was fantastic at his/her job. Competent, efficient, thorough, warm, courteous. I saw Dr. Purvi Gala, and she was exceptional.

I was also impressed when I called post-appointment to let them know I was having trouble with a rebate form online through the contact lens company after buying contacts at the Vision Center (not the Vision Center's fault at all - just wanting them to know that the contact lens company's site wasn't recognizing/accepting the Vision Center's office info on the rebate form), and a Vision Center employee called me back a couple hours later with a solution she'd worked out with the company. Wow - quite solutions-oriented and terrific follow-up!

Extremely happy with my experience as well as the cost, and I couldn't be more grateful to all of you who took the time to offer recommendations!

speee1dy
July 05, 2017 07:55AM

thanks for the feedback. people dont generally come back here to post positive experiences.

twice we tried to get those threads going. i guess people just would rather complain than compliment

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →