Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

St Croix Charter Fishing Recommendations

zimmerman
June 29, 2017 03:54PM

Any recommendations for a charter fishing Captain on St Croix? We're interested in inshore and offshore options and may want to do two trips. We will be there for ten days starting mid-August.

Thanks!

Re: St Croix Charter Fishing Recommendations

AandA2VI
July 01, 2017 11:18AM

I did the website for Forever and Always and they are VERY nice people out east. I wouldn't hesisitate to charter with them and from their pics they land great catches.

Ps: they took over the site and I hold no responsibility on what it looks like now wink especially the mobile version - yikes!

[www.fishingstcroix.com]

dougtamjj
July 01, 2017 11:40AM

Great website! Thanks for the link and I'm am so excited to see that they let you KEEP YOUR CATCH!!!! Whoo Hoo!!!

Tammy

Alana33
July 01, 2017 02:20PM

Don't eat the barracuda.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2017 02:21PM by Alana33.

singlefin
July 01, 2017 06:54PM

Chartered with Jen Hookenson last winter on his 26' center console. There's 's normally a pretty good swell running just a mile outside of Christainsted harbor so i think a larger boat may have been better for our offshore charter. However Jen and his mate we're great and we brought two good size Wahoo back to the dock with us after only a 4 hour charter.

Check out their website:
Hookandsuncharters

Scubadoo
July 01, 2017 11:15PM

There is the Gone Ketchin charter boat in Salt River marina.

JohnnyU
July 03, 2017 09:29PM

singlefin
Chartered with Jen Hookenson last winter on his 26' center console. There's 's normally a pretty good swell running just a mile outside of Christainsted harbor so i think a larger boat may have been better for our offshore charter. However Jen and his mate we're great and we brought two good size Wahoo back to the dock with us after only a 4 hour charter.

Check out their website:
Hookandsuncharters

+1. Jens and Belinda are great. Did inshore with them and caught Tarpons, blue runners and snapper. They do inshore and deep sea.

StacyM
July 05, 2017 12:33AM

My husband and I love Tony, Barb, & Don of Forever & Always fishing charters. We especially love to take guests who are visiting because we always catch something great and then get to grill it and have multiple meals from what we had fun reeling in, whether it's mahi, snapper, or mackerel. (We've yet to catch wahoo - fingers crossed!) You never know what you'll catch, but we've always had a great experience; they're experts and a lot of fun!

zimmerman
July 10, 2017 04:46PM

Thanks for the great recommendations!

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →