Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Re: Net metering

LiquidFluoride
July 19, 2017 12:03AM

Scubadoo
LiquidFluoride
My next investment is a well, that should pay itself back in about 3 years or less also... haha

With all that free power just run your AC drip lines into your cistern and maybe get a few dehumidifiers to go with it. My larger mini-split drips onto a low pitched section of the roof and then runs into the gutter. There's always a steady stream of water out there during the day when it's running.

Think I could get around 350gal a day out of that? (that's the minimum I water the horses with).

My neighbor has an 80 GPH well, I'm hoping for something like that wink

Scubadoo
July 19, 2017 08:10AM

LiquidFluoride
Scubadoo
LiquidFluoride
My next investment is a well, that should pay itself back in about 3 years or less also... haha

With all that free power just run your AC drip lines into your cistern and maybe get a few dehumidifiers to go with it. My larger mini-split drips onto a low pitched section of the roof and then runs into the gutter. There's always a steady stream of water out there during the day when it's running.

Think I could get around 350gal a day out of that? (that's the minimum I water the horses with).

My neighbor has an 80 GPH well, I'm hoping for something like that wink

350gal/day, that's about a quart/minute. Or half gallon/minute 12 hours a day on sun. Seems doable with enough AC and dehumidifier capacity.

LiquidFluoride
July 19, 2017 03:04PM

Scubadoo
350gal/day, that's about a quart/minute. Or half gallon/minute 12 hours a day on sun. Seems doable with enough AC and dehumidifier capacity.

So... I should open up an indoor ice rink?

There may be something to that.... I mean if Mapp can build a "sports arena" in F'sted (I noticed they put some plastic on the ground... ooo ahhhh!)......

vicanuck
July 19, 2017 03:38PM

I'd play hockey if you made a rink!!!

Scubadoo
July 19, 2017 05:07PM

LiquidFluoride
Scubadoo

So... I should open up an indoor ice rink?

There may be something to that.... I mean if Mapp can build a "sports arena" in F'sted (I noticed they put some plastic on the ground... ooo ahhhh!)......

As long as you don't loose too much ice due to evaporation.big grin That would defeat the purpose.

Choney
March 02, 2018 01:30PM

So are you planning on opening an ice rink in USVI after all? My husband and I were throwing around the idea of relocating and he has played hockey his entire life and would love to coach again!

If there is no ice rinks, are there any roller hockey rinks?

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →