Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

stacey plaskett

speee1dy
July 14, 2017 11:17AM

[viconsortium.com]

was glad to see this.

Re: stacey plaskett

islandjoan
July 14, 2017 11:51AM

Yeah....but really it was not so bright of her to let her phone leave her hands, with those photos on it. Ummmm if I was her, I would have removed them first.

speee1dy
July 14, 2017 12:12PM

no, it was not very bright at all to put any nudity on a phone. or any device that can be leaked/hacked or whatever.

still does not give those jerks the right to do what they did

islandjoan
July 14, 2017 12:56PM

They certainly didn't have the right to do what they did.

But even if she felt she trusted her employees, the phone then went into the hands of the apple tech person....so really she wasn't smart at all to leave those photos on her phone.

speee1dy
July 14, 2017 01:59PM

no doubt.

SunnyCaribe
July 14, 2017 03:20PM

islandjoan
Yeah....but really it was not so bright of her to let her phone leave her hands, with those photos on it. Ummmm if I was her, I would have removed them first.

Victim blaming? Hmmm.

islandjoan
July 14, 2017 04:03PM

not blaming, just saying what is.

vicanuck
July 14, 2017 04:19PM

I would imagine that the first thing a techie would do is check the photos and videos.

Why people leave stuff like that on their phones, computers and storage is beyond me.

I deal with a lot of customer's portable USB drives in my business and the first thing I ask before I plug one in is, "is there anything you don't want me to see on here?"

Believe me, I've seen some nasty stuff unintentionally.

Oldie1
July 14, 2017 08:26PM

Island Joan is not victim blaming she is simply stating a fact--leaving nude and/or compromising photos on any device is rather stupid.

STTsailor
July 16, 2017 07:27AM

Oldie1
Island Joan is not victim blaming she is simply stating a fact--leaving nude and/or compromising photos on any device is rather stupid.

At her age it maybe considered obscenity and offensive to most individuals.

islandjoan
July 16, 2017 08:52AM

LOL it WAS obscene and offensive - I actually saw one of the photos. A coworker showed it to me. It really wasn't something I needed to see!!!!

At her age it maybe considered obscenity and offensive to most individuals.[/quote]

Gumbo
July 17, 2017 06:55PM

I know someone that left a ring in the glove compartment of a Jeep. Parked the Jeep at the head of a trail on STJ. When they got back the ring was gone. They called the Police and the officer said to them " what do you expect when you do something so stupid".
Was the Officer victim blaming?
Not to me. Common sense plays a part as well.
Taking your phone with naked pictures on it of yourself or anyone else to be repaired isn't too bright.

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →