Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Shipping bathtub to st thomas?

Tiamichaud
July 18, 2017 12:37PM

Hi,
I'm looking for a (small) soaking bathtub, but I can't figure out how to get one on St Thomas. We are arriving on 8/15, and a contractor is working on the bathroom now. Any ideas: 1) who might have one in stock (nothing in Home Depot or Interiors) 2) if someone has one they want to sell? Or 3) what shipping company people use to get something from the mainland to STT? (We found a tub at Home Depot online, but doesn't ship to USVI. Is there a way around this, like a 3rd party shipper?)

Thanks!

Tia

Re: Shipping bathtub to st thomas?

vicanuck
July 18, 2017 12:48PM

Home Depot will ship to your freight Forwarder in Miami...try STT Cargo.

I just shipped a big order of low voltage outdoor lighting that way as the local store didn't have to quantity I needed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2017 12:49PM by vicanuck.

Jim Dandy
July 18, 2017 04:29PM

Contact a Home Depot or Lowes in Florida. Find a store that is near the dock/depot for either VI Cargo or other freight forwarder. The stores in Florida are used to delivering goods directly to these locations. Some stores even have signs advertising this service.

vicanuck
July 18, 2017 05:13PM

Jim Dandy
Contact a Home Depot or Lowes in Florida. Find a store that is near the dock/depot for either VI Cargo or other freight forwarder. The stores in Florida are used to delivering goods directly to these locations. Some stores even have signs advertising this service.

Since you're on St. Thomas, go with STT Cargo a sister company of Paradise Freight on STX. VI Cargo doesn't have an office on STT as far as I know.

rmb2830
July 18, 2017 06:06PM

you could check the HD's in San Juan. We have gotten things from them and they deliver right to the dock for the ship that leaves to go to STT and STX. If they have stock you get it pretty quickly and the shipping is less on a shorter trip.

Tiamichaud
July 22, 2017 08:35PM

Thanks! I went with STT Cargo!

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →