Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

A new record?

Spartygrad95
August 21, 2017 08:26PM

Girls moves down Friday from Nebraska to go UVI on plane today heading home. Signed lease for apt sight unseen. Stayed at resort when visiting campus before. Apparently seeing a dead cat and driving through Savan were more than she could handle. Bon voyage.

Re: A new record?

AandA2VI
August 21, 2017 09:29PM

And a new low for you judging someone on something that doesn't concern you. Are you THAT bored? Go to the beach. thinking

** preparing for the keyboard commando to fire back. LMFAO

dougtamjj
August 21, 2017 10:10PM

ironheadUSVI
August 22, 2017 07:56AM

Spartygrad95
Girls moves down Friday from Nebraska to go UVI on plane today heading home. Signed lease for apt sight unseen. Stayed at resort when visiting campus before. Apparently seeing a dead cat and driving through Savan were more than she could handle. Bon voyage.

Thanks for sharing that. We've told people many times this happens more than people realize. My shortest tenant lasted 4 weeks and abandoned a household of furnishings. Took only their dog and a carry on.

vicanuck
August 22, 2017 07:58AM

I'm sure it happens all the time. The tropics aren't for everyone.

stxsailor
August 22, 2017 12:43PM

Hopefully nothing "really bad" happened to her.

Juanita
August 22, 2017 02:00PM

I had a tenant arrive on a Friday, leave on Saturday. He said it was a family emergency...who knows?

Juanita

Spartygrad95
August 22, 2017 02:42PM

AandA2VI
And a new low for you judging someone on something that doesn't concern you. Are you THAT bored? Go to the beach. thinking

** preparing for the keyboard commando to fire back. LMFAO

I just find it funny is all. At least it keeps the lolz going. I don't come here that much anymore but when I see a cautionary tale of not doing your research, signing a lease without seeing place, and someone who trashes MY HOME on their way out, I will comment. So, in actuality it does concern me. Anyway, got to pick up the boy to go to the beach.

janeinstx
August 24, 2017 07:58AM

Juanita remember the people from the mid-west? They moved in like the day before Earl I think. Had never been here before They had shipped all their stuff. That poor woman when the transformer blew. She thought we were under attack. They didn't last the week.

Juanita
I had a tenant arrive on a Friday, leave on Saturday. He said it was a family emergency...who knows?

Juanita
August 25, 2017 09:46AM

janeinstx
Juanita remember the people from the mid-west? They moved in like the day before Earl I think. Had never been here before They had shipped all their stuff. That poor woman when the transformer blew. She thought we were under attack. They didn't last the week.
Juanita

OMG...they hated everything!!! They couldn't get off island fast enough....LOL

Juanita

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →