Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

STX v. STT

echo2072
August 23, 2017 03:43PM

I'm planning my move to USVI in a year or so. I've visited STX numerous times over the years and never thought about moving to STT until I started looking for jobs on STX. I have a legal background (paralegal for 25 years) and also work part time as a bartender. I would appreciate any info or opinions about which island will be easier to find employment on. Thanks!!

Re: STX v. STT

Scubadoo
August 23, 2017 04:28PM

We certainly have law firms on both islands. Lots of restaurants/bars on STX but probably more on STT. In any case if you've read the prior discussions you've seen that many employers are reluctant to indulge off-island job seekers. You may have better luck with paralegal skilled profession. Should be easy to identify law firms to contact directly. Can probably look them up on the DLCA web site as well as web sites and phone directories.

AandA2VI
August 25, 2017 12:52AM

STT - WOOT WOOT! HAHA Im in STX.

For real though its TOTALLY different vibes and TOTALLY personal preference. You will have no choice but to visit both our you want to make a first hand decision. MANY threads oaths topic has been posted. Use the search function for hours of reading.

terry
August 25, 2017 09:54AM

Go to STT. We already have too many lawyers on STX.

East Ender
August 25, 2017 03:57PM

"Go to STT. We already have too many lawyers on STX."

LOL. I think there are as many lawyers as taxi drivers over here on St Thomas. big grin

echo2072
August 25, 2017 04:02PM

Clarify - I'm not a lawyer and that's not what I'm coming there to do/be. Been there done that and ready for something completely different. happy

Alana33
August 25, 2017 04:53PM

You really need to visit both places as while there are many similarities, there are just as many differences.

Your opportunities for jobs might be much better on STT.
Depends what floats your boat.

Good luck!

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →