Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Airport or Port Auth Employee??

Pammerjo
September 04, 2017 08:48PM

Anyone? My housekeeper just called with a rumor that STT is closing TOMORROW (Tuesday) at 2 pm, even though I don't see winds picking up until tomorrow night. Of course I can't get anyone on the phone at the airport and Delta is like "...?..."

Anyone work for the Port Authority who can verify? If I'm gonna be stuck here I really should be making ice.

Re: Airport or Port Auth Employee??

Alana33
September 04, 2017 09:21PM

Call your airlines tonight.
Contact airport asap.
I know seaports are closing down.

Spartygrad95
September 04, 2017 10:03PM

Port Authority closed all marine ports as of 8 am tomorrow. Also, the coast guard all bailed today. Family flown to FL, them to PR

Exit Zero
September 04, 2017 11:52PM

Pammerjo

Anyone work for the Port Authority who can verify? If I'm gonna be stuck here I really should be making ice.

And a hundred other important tasks.

Pammerjo
September 04, 2017 11:58PM

Exit Zero
Pammerjo

And a hundred other important tasks.

happy it's all done. I had originally planned to stay through the storm so I am watered, provisioned, gassed, shuttered, charged, cashed, propaned. Then I decided to bail and emptied the bags of ice I had been accumulating in the freezer because I didn't want them melting and creating mold if I wasn't here. I'm back up to three...

speee1dy
September 05, 2017 07:46AM

seaborne i thought was going to be open until about noonish? you might still be able to make it out

Scubadoo
September 05, 2017 08:43AM

AA finally cancelled STX 1293 for tomorrow, still scheduled for today.

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →