Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Hurricane Maria Insurance Claim help

film
September 25, 2017 02:36PM

Any suggestions as to what steps to take in making an insurance claim. I am off island and have sent an email to the local agent representative on St Croix. With no power/internet/phone service on island right now, they have probably been unable to read the email, and I have heard nothing back. I have tried contacting Lloyd's of London directly by phone but the representative is out of town and then on vacation till October 9th (really? - what's up with that - nice planning).

Do you think having already sent an email to the local agent is enough at this point to be sufficient for making a claim and get me in line? And now I just have to wait to hear back from local agent? Or should I be doing something more?

Are others in this predicament?

Re: Hurricane Maria Insurance Claim help

Scubadoo
September 25, 2017 04:04PM

Who is your agent? I received an email from Marshal Sterling before the storm with instructions for claims.

film
September 25, 2017 04:32PM

Executive Insurance Services, Inc.

film
September 25, 2017 05:24PM

Ha! I should of figured. Executive Insurance Services is communicating right now via Facebook. So all should be good. Thanks!

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →