Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Power out East

EastEndTransplants
September 28, 2017 11:27PM

I guess all places out East have not had power restored? Do they have an ETA for this yet?

Re: Power out East

Scubadoo
September 29, 2017 12:24AM

WAPA is supposed to be working on a comprehensive plan for the entire territory. I don't think it's published yet. I suspect East STX restoration will be later due to distance and lower density. They've published the 90% by Christmas goal.

LiquidFluoride
September 29, 2017 05:49AM

I've seen crews out, but I've not seen a single new pole yet (I'm pretty far from Wapa's generators out west though, so I assume they are starting from the source and working out).

90% by Christmas hopefully isn't a super optimistic number.

Scubadoo
September 29, 2017 07:55AM

Beginning on Friday morning at 7 a.m. and continuing for several days, WAPA crews and its contractors will be positioning a shipment of approximately 1,300 utility poles at strategic locations across St. Thomas. A second shipment of another 2,500 poles and additional equipment is expected in the territory within two weeks.

An additional fourteen linemen will arrive on island by Friday from the Western Area Power Administration. The mutual aid linemen will join eight linemen who have been on island since last weekend. Equipment for these linemen is expected on island this weekend.

Work continued on St. Croix Thursday to restore service to additional portions of downtown Christiansted and Frederiksted. It is anticipated that service will be restored to customers on Church and Company Streets in Christiansted by the weekend. Additional poles were planted on the path of Feeder 8B toward Frederiksted town.

On St. Thomas, restoration crews continued work on a portion of Feeder 6B as well as Feeder 6A. Crews planted and dressed additional poles along the feeder route up to UVI.

1,300 UTILITY POLES ARRIVE IN ST. THOMAS AS POWER RESTORATION RAMPS UP; MORE UPDATES ANNOUNCED

speee1dy
September 29, 2017 03:02PM

On stx. Christiansted and frederiksted town's will be priorities.

vicanuck
September 29, 2017 04:49PM

I'm in a WAPA restoration pool...I choose Dec 15th for my house.

Scubadoo
September 29, 2017 05:42PM

I'm close to the WAPA plant, I'm hoping for October 15.

ICEMAN
September 29, 2017 06:36PM

vicanuck
I'm in a WAPA restoration pool...I choose Dec 15th for my house.
What’s the over under? lol.

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →