Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

AT&T update from Vic

islandjoan
October 16, 2017 11:07AM

I saw this on Facebook, posted October 14:

Just spoke with At&T. They indicate 3 towers on the east end are scheduled to come on line by 8 PM Sunday night, and we should see an improvement in cell and data service. (sorry, didn't discuss other locations but anyone can call and get info on their area). They also said anyone affected by Maria will get an automatic 1 month credit, although it may take several billing cycles to show up.

Re: AT&T update from Vic

islandjoan
October 16, 2017 01:18PM

He just posted an update on Facebook:

All towers that were to be in service Sunday night have been pushed out to 10/23.

AandA2VI
October 24, 2017 09:46AM

When I call ATT we have 2 “heavily degraded” towers of the 13 for STX. We still get zero service other than on Fsted beach - cell - data spotty and by the fallen mahogany tree on mahogany road. Past that - nata.

LiquidFluoride
October 25, 2017 02:00PM

I get great AT&T service in Fsted, but no data.

Scubadoo
October 25, 2017 03:21PM

Ironic. One of the folks I've been communicating with can text only with AT&T, can't get any voice calls through where he is.

LiquidFluoride
October 25, 2017 04:30PM

Scubadoo
Ironic. One of the folks I've been communicating with can text only with AT&T, can't get any voice calls through where he is.

Their towers are massively overloaded right now.

sttanon
October 26, 2017 08:20AM

Ive been to a couple of the towers. St George for instance has quite a few antennas that looked damaged and the ones that arent aligned....

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →