Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

How to post photos

singlefin
November 28, 2017 08:37AM

How do you post pictures here?
I see photos added to posts from time to time and can't find a means of "attachment"

Mr. Low Tech

Re: How to post photos

Scubadoo
November 28, 2017 08:40AM

The only thing I've seen is the insert image URL which means you've got to point to a picture that's some place else already.

singlefin
November 28, 2017 08:54AM

daveb722
November 28, 2017 09:39AM

I think you need one of those photo web sites that stores it. There is info here somewhere, as I was going to attach pics, but it wasn't worth my time.

STXBob
November 28, 2017 12:04PM

To post pics here: Upload your pics somewhere online. You cannot upload them directly to vimovingcenter.com. You can only link to an existing pic posted elsewhere. For example, you can post your pics easily at [tinypic.com] . If your pics are already posted elsewhere, you can use that URL instead. Then click on the “Insert image URL" button (to the left of the "Insert smiley" button). Just do "Preview" on your posting first to be sure you got it right, because it’s easy to mess up. If you did it right, you'll see your pic embedded in your posting, without having to click to see it.

singlefin
November 28, 2017 12:33PM

Great photo Bob, but it does sound involved.

I guess I'll just continue to type the 1000 words as opposed to posting the picture.

LiquidFluoride
November 30, 2017 02:15PM

singlefin
Great photo Bob, but it does sound involved.

I guess I'll just continue to type the 1000 words as opposed to posting the picture.

You should have some sort of online photo storage point anyway, it's super useful for the exact reason you typed above (prevents you from typing 1000's of words).

I use Imgur.com ( [imgur.com] ) to upload a photo (there's an app for my phone, makes it super easy) that gives you a link to the picture like this:

then you either use the button on the top of your post , or if you understand how the code works for these message boards it's pretty easy to type out too

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →