Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Bowling Alley STT?

AandA2VI
December 19, 2017 09:54PM

Coconut telegraph says a new blowing alley is going in Al Cohens? Where the jewelry store was?? Anyone know about this? Would love that, I forgot that there is SO much to do here LOL!!!! Love the vibe of Havensight now with Tap&Still down there. Seems like a lot going on even when ships aren't in. VERY cool wine/coctail bar next to T&S... forgot the name and has anyone tried the sushi at the place behind T&S? They even have the little floating boats that go around the bar. FUN HAHA. We've been moving non-stop since back on STT each of us pick up 2 jobs (I have 3 now) and loving it. I think I like island working better than daily grind. Its kinda chaotic but it's so great doing something different every day!

Re: Bowling Alley STT?

East Ender
December 20, 2017 08:28AM

Brix is the wine bar next to Tap and Still.
Beni Iguana is the sushi spot. (They were on on St John 20+ years ago, moved over here to town, now at Havensight)
Havensight was really hopping right after Irma because they had power, hot spot and college football. You could not find a parking place.

Go over to Yacht Haven Grande and Urban Eats or Fresh for a non-burger or BBQ meal.

Spartygrad95
December 20, 2017 01:25PM

Yes a bowling alley is going in at Al Cohen's. Sounds like modeled after "Lucky Strike" chain and the owner of Tap and Still is doing it. Construction is already underway. Besides the parking issue there it is going to be a real cool feature for STT.

East Ender
December 20, 2017 06:36PM

Well, they have done a great job translating Five Guys into Tap and Still, so I suspect this will be successful also. The bowling alley at the bottom of Donkey Hill never went anywhere. Wait! You have to serve drinks to bowl, don't you? wink

Gumbo
December 20, 2017 07:02PM

Caribbean Fish Market has been hopping until late every night as well.

Spartygrad95
December 21, 2017 03:12AM

I'm almost 100% sure he purchased equipment from church with bowling alley. Bowling without beer is like fishing without beer.

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →