Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Off The Wall Reopening!

specialk
December 28, 2017 01:11PM

Off The Wall, Cane Bay STX, got WAPA power back. They will reopen Tuesday Jan 4 for 4:00 bingo. Regular schedule (11:00-9:00 closed Fridays) after that. thumbs up

Re: Off The Wall Reopening!

bathiel
December 28, 2017 01:27PM

That is fantastic news!

Bernie

Scubadoo
December 28, 2017 02:26PM

Have not been by there lately. How is Eat (and Cane Bay Dive) doing on the rebuild?

jasona
December 28, 2017 08:18PM

And unfortunately just down the street "Above the Cliff" has closed for good. All the kitchen equipment was put up for sale this week.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2017 08:19PM by jasona.

terry
December 29, 2017 10:42AM

So glad to hear they will be able to open. Now if they could only ship me a Bush Wacker to AZ.

speee1dy
December 29, 2017 09:50PM

Went to above the cliff once and thought the owner was a jerk

ironheadUSVI
December 30, 2017 07:43AM

speee1dy
Went to above the cliff once and thought the owner was a jerk

Went there once. They weren't worth a second chance.

MistB'Haven
December 30, 2017 12:01PM

So excited about OTW! Will be there Sunday for one of those awesome Buschwackers!

I too am not going to miss Above the Cliff. Tried to eat or drink there 4 times without success. Finally decided not to go back. (I'm a little slow...)

bathiel
December 31, 2017 12:20AM

I’ll fourth the sentiment about Above the Cliff. Three times there, three really bad experiences. And like baseball says...

I actually preferred the old Lobster Reef. At least then the food was good.

Bernie

Matt T
December 31, 2017 11:16AM

Does anyone know who owns the Above the Cliff property and building? Was the guy who had the restaurant leasing that location or did he buy it and is it now for sale?

Thanks

Scubadoo
December 31, 2017 11:33AM

Owned by UIW SIU ST CROIX LABOR UNION REALTY CORPORATION and I don't think it's for sale. It's a very large tract, about 1000ft of ocean front.

speee1dy
January 01, 2018 10:09PM

And here I thought I would get blasted for saying that. Lol

stxsailor
January 02, 2018 08:48AM

Went there a few times food was OK. Not worth going out of my way for. i hate seeing anything close down though.

vicanuck
January 02, 2018 12:44PM

stxsailor
Went there a few times food was OK. Not worth going out of my way for. i hate seeing anything close down though.

I've enjoyed Off The Wall many times, mostly with visiting guests, but we don't really go there for the food per se.

Scubadoo
January 02, 2018 01:09PM

vicanuck
stxsailor

I've enjoyed Off The Wall many times, mostly with visiting guests, but we don't really go there for the food per se.

I think stxsailer was referring to Above the Cliff not Off The Wall.

stxsailor
January 02, 2018 01:33PM

Oops i meant Above the Cliff. I really like Off the Wall, walls and cliffs too confusing.

vicanuck
January 02, 2018 03:12PM

stxsailor
Oops i meant Above the Cliff. I really like Off the Wall, walls and cliffs too confusing.

I never really liked Above The Cliff. It always had a weird vibe and the lack of ambiance made it feel unwelcoming.

SkysTheLimit
January 02, 2018 03:55PM

Matt T
Does anyone know who owns the Above the Cliff property and building? Was the guy who had the restaurant leasing that location or did he buy it and is it now for sale?

Thanks

Scotty owns all that corner including Rowdy Joes. He lives above Rowdy's.
Part of the reason they are closing is because of the repairs that are needed to the roof but not being done...I doubt he would sell it. But hey, everything has a price.

Jumbie
January 02, 2018 04:03PM

Above The. Cliff paid rent to Scotty Acoy just like the Lobster Reef used to. Scotty is a retired local that used to work for the tax assessors office.

Scubadoo
January 02, 2018 08:35PM

SkysTheLimit
Matt T

Thanks

Scotty owns all that corner including Rowdy Joes. He lives above Rowdy's.
Part of the reason they are closing is because of the repairs that are needed to the roof but not being done...I doubt he would sell it. But hey, everything has a price.

Property records show Acoy owns the property Rowdy Joe's sits on, the vacant lot next to it to the North, and the larger rear property directly behind those which include's Rowdy's rear parking lot. But not the Above the Cliff property unless he owns the corp that owns it. The corp has a Maryland mailing address. Perhaps Scotty collects the rent for the corp.

Interestingly the parking lot on the side of Rowdy's building and the shed building across from it are on a separate parcel owned by the Smith family as is the actual small corner property, the small one next to that on Cane Bay Rd. and all the parcels along the western edge of the Above the Cliff driveway.

speee1dy
January 03, 2018 09:25PM

i liked frankie and the lobster reef. i guess he moved to the states

Jumbie
January 04, 2018 11:29AM

speee1dy
i liked frankie and the lobster reef. i guess he moved to the states

Yes Frank moved to Venice, Florida after the Lobster Reef closed. I drove him to the airport the day he left island. He lives close to his parents & one of his brothers.

Scotty Acoy kept substantially increasing his rent every year despiite Frank’s requests otherwise. So in 2010 Frank had had enough of Scotty’s crap & shut down restaurant end of October 2010.

speee1dy
January 06, 2018 08:10PM

Thank you , I always wondered about him. He was always very kind to us and our friends. We had some people from the keys staying with us , theyes had their luggage stolen. They mentioned it in passing to frankie, he gave them a piece of
Luggage. I'm glad he was doing well

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →