Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

DirecTV

MistB'Haven
December 30, 2017 12:41PM

Does anyone know if I could bring my Genie box down to STX and be able to hook it up and view my Premium package from Kentucky?

Re: DirecTV

lescooper
December 30, 2017 03:06PM

You could bring your genie box and the satellite dish off your house and it still wouldn't work.
No, directv service here.

MistB'Haven
December 30, 2017 06:00PM

Is Dish available?

stxisbest
December 30, 2017 07:26PM

lescooper
You could bring your genie box and the satellite dish off your house and it still wouldn't work.
No, directv service here.

Actually I think ATT is/was hocking them now.

lescooper
December 30, 2017 08:52PM

Dish satellite service is available.

lescooper
December 30, 2017 09:11PM

AT&T started offering Directv Now. A different type of pay service that uses an app installed on your cell phone and a chromcast device.

Once you subscribe and get everything setup, you can cast shows to your tv. I can do the same thing with my Netflix account app, but it is not an extra pay service.

I can also cast my NFL Sunday ticket from my cell phone app. Was able to get all the games the past couple Sundays while on St Croix. How great is that!

JE
December 30, 2017 10:33PM

If your AT&T account billing address is in the USVI or PR you can not sign up for DirectTV Now. I tried today and it would not allow me to complete the signup. The exclusion is listed in the fine print.

Gator's Mom
December 31, 2017 10:55AM

Have you tried using a VPN?

Don't associate your DirectTV Now account with your AT&T phone account.

It's the VI-associated internet service that stops access.

You will have to pay for the VPN and DirectTV Now though.

JE
If your AT&T account billing address is in the USVI or PR you can not sign up for DirectTV Now. I tried today and it would not allow me to complete the signup. The exclusion is listed in the fine print.

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →