Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Activities for young kids

Kmb08
April 23, 2018 09:34PM

We have a 3 year old and it is possible we could be moving down sometime this summer depends on my husbands work contract.

Right now he is in soccer and does a gymnastics class and is in the process of swim lessons.

Just wondering what activities are available for his age.

Most likely we will be assigned to St. Thomas but it could be any of them.

Re: Activities for young kids

stjohnjulie
April 24, 2018 01:53AM

If you happen to be on St. John, there are not many organized activities for children that young. The St. John School of the Arts has a few classes but they usually are based on enrollment. So if there aren't enough children enrolled, they will cancel the class. There are a few Facebook pages where moms gather and set up informal meetings and groups. Might want to poke around on Facebook to see if you can find some of the pages the different islands may have.

ms411
April 24, 2018 09:40AM

Lots of activities on St Thomas, but maybe not as many after the storms. There is a soccer association but not sure minimum age. I don't think there's a gymnastics program. Swim lessons available.

Martial arts. Music. Theater.

stjohnjulie
April 26, 2018 02:24AM

There seems to be more opportunity as the kids get older. 3 is pretty young for a teacher to handle without the parents being there the whole time. Connecting with other moms/dads on Facebook groups is a good way to start.

East Ender
April 26, 2018 05:34PM

Check out the St Thomas Swimming Association. Their pool is on the east end of St Thomas with classes and swim meets, etc. I'm not sure what activities VIMSIA (Montessori) has, but they do start enrollment at three.

Alana33
April 26, 2018 08:48PM

3 is pretty young, IMO, for organized sports.
Get him on the beach swimming, sand castle building, exploring, learning to snorkel, moon jellyfish fights, etc.

My fondest memories growing up here are from beach time and exploring the shoreline, learning about sea creatures and fish.

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →