Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

broadband

speee1dy
May 26, 2018 11:31AM

is there anyone else with horrible speeds lately. seems to take forever to download a simple page from the internet

Re: broadband

Beeski
May 27, 2018 07:45AM

Broadband VI's phone number is 340-719-2943. We have recently upgraded to 24/7 phone support. Please call in your issue, or email stxsupport@broadband.vi or sttsupport@broadband.vi. We have made great progress improving throughput / backhaul over the past few weeks. Still lots of work to do.

speee1dy
May 27, 2018 01:53PM

Thank you. I appreciate the contact info .

AandA2VI
May 27, 2018 11:17PM

How do you check service availability. Lerkenlund STT?

Beeski
May 28, 2018 04:25AM

AandA2VI
How do you check service availability. Lerkenlund STT?

Fill out the signup form at www.broadband.vi and we will schedule an installation.

Alana33
May 28, 2018 08:41AM

What do you think about this Beeski?
F.B.I.’s Urgent Request: Reboot Your Router to Stop Russia-Linked Malware

[mobile.nytimes.com]

RevFD
May 28, 2018 09:29PM

BBVI has gone to total sh*t. I'm pointing down to the Yacht Club tower that goes completely silent at 3am and doesn't come back until 9ish in the morning --consistently every single day for the past few weeks.

Called BBVI every single morning last week to complain, only to speak to a bunch of bored 20 year olds in a call center in Utah who couldn't pick out STX on a map, who keep telling me to power cycle my equipment.

This is clearly a systemic issue, but the call center can't seem to elevate the problem.

Taking my chance on VIYA which is live on my hill. Fingers crossed.

Beeski
May 29, 2018 06:04AM

RevFD
BBVI has gone to total sh*t. I'm pointing down to the Yacht Club tower that goes completely silent at 3am and doesn't come back until 9ish in the morning --consistently every single day for the past few weeks.

Called BBVI every single morning last week to complain, only to speak to a bunch of bored 20 year olds in a call center in Utah who couldn't pick out STX on a map, who keep telling me to power cycle my equipment.

This is clearly a systemic issue, but the call center can't seem to elevate the problem.

Taking my chance on VIYA which is live on my hill. Fingers crossed.

That is a solar powered site. The replacement batteries don't fit in the enclosure. New batteries are on their way. Have fun with Viya when we have another storm.

islandjoan
May 29, 2018 06:58AM

Beeski it sounds like you need to address those issues at the call center.

islandjoan
May 29, 2018 07:05AM

Also Beeski, why can't customers get text updates about situations like that? One would think it would be possible in this day and age.

Beeski
May 29, 2018 09:27AM

islandjoan
Beeski it sounds like you need to address those issues at the call center.

The call center allows for 24/7 first line phone support. It was the only way to handle the call volume. Our support staff then work on 2nd line support based on trouble tickets. I agree, we need to do a better job informing the call center about problems.

RevFD
May 29, 2018 10:33AM

Thanks for the info, that explains a lot. Wish BBVI would have put out a service bulletin to all residents pointing to this tower. Would have saved me hours on the phone with the call center, as they were not aware of the issue either.

Beeski

That is a solar powered site. The replacement batteries don't fit in the enclosure. New batteries are on their way. Have fun with Viya when we have another storm.

AandA2VI
June 12, 2018 10:53AM

Beeski - I tried to do the installation thing online but it wants to charge me $200 before I even know if you have it in my neighborhood AND 4 weeks out? Is it better to go into the store and where exactly is that now?

Beeski
June 12, 2018 04:12PM

AandA2VI
Beeski - I tried to do the installation thing online but it wants to charge me $200 before I even know if you have it in my neighborhood AND 4 weeks out? Is it better to go into the store and where exactly is that now?

Sorry about that, the web site is confusing:
- you do not have to enter a credit card, it asks for one, but you can skip and enter it later or call it in, or pay by check / cash at Bank of STX (and soon at Banco I hope).
- installation is now 1-3 days
- we cover 95% of the VI, so there is a very good chance you can get connected. No charge if we fail.
- installation if free if you select the high-end $99.95/month residential package

AandA2VI
June 13, 2018 01:26AM

Beeski
AandA2VI

Sorry about that, the web site is confusing:
- you do not have to enter a credit card, it asks for one, but you can skip and enter it later or call it in, or pay by check / cash at Bank of STX (and soon at Banco I hope).
- installation is now 1-3 days
- we cover 95% of the VI, so there is a very good chance you can get connected. No charge if we fail.
- installation if free if you select the high-end $99.95/month residential package

Well that’s awesome news as I need the 99 plan for sure. Sweet - will try again now. Stupid question... does this come from the pole? The lines from our pole to house are underground so it’ll have to go over our driveway... probably not a great idea with trees. I guess I’ll see when they get here. Thanks again.

Beeski
June 13, 2018 04:44AM

We use a small radio mounted on the side of your house, aimed at one of our tower / Access Points.

Scubadoo
June 13, 2018 08:04AM

That's what's nice with the BBVI solution, no wires from the street, nothing to come down with tree branches or accidentally dug up, at your house or anywhere along the way in the neighborhood.

Alana33
June 13, 2018 08:40AM

You should be able to get as you have line of sight to their Magens Bay tower.

Alana33
June 13, 2018 08:53AM

Beeski, any issues with Inner Brass tower? My tenants complaining about slow speeds with the $99.95 package. I told them to call BBVI.

Any updates as to when I can get back on Mt. Top tower?

Beeski
June 13, 2018 01:43PM

Alana, we had a slower than usual night on STT last night. We are upgrading our viNGN feed to a 10Gbps connection. It will be beautiful once it is up and working....hopefully later today. Inner Brass should be ok. I am getting 90Mbps with an internal link test to your house. email sttsupport@broadband.vi if speeds are slow tomorrow.

Alana33
June 13, 2018 02:33PM

Thanks, Beeski.
I really do like BBVI service.
Your response time has been very good and the techs that have come to the house over the years have all been great.
I do miss Jody.

Wolverine888
June 15, 2018 08:20AM

Thx for the encouraging news Beeski, will that apply as well to the area along Hull Bay Rd directly above Hull Bay?

Beeski
June 15, 2018 11:28AM

Wolverine888
Thx for the encouraging news Beeski, will that apply as well to the area along Hull Bay Rd directly above Hull Bay?

10Gbps viNGN STT feed went live last night.
Working on link to Inner Brass today, which is one of 3 Access Points that serve Hull Bay.

Wolverine888
June 16, 2018 05:30AM

Beeski, great, sounds like things are really coming along!

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →