Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

THE MOVE

same
June 01, 2018 09:06AM

HELLO I AM TRYING TO RELOCATE TO THE ISLANDS, LOOKING FOR A JOB. I HAVE A CLASS A LISC. TANKER ,HZMAT, TWIC CARD, EXP. WITH VACUUM TRUCK , FLAT BED , TANKER , FORK LIFT. RUBBER TIRE FRONT END LOADER, DUMP TRUCK, 61 YRS OLD GOOD HEALTH NOT ON ANY MEDS, NOW HOW TO WORK UNSUPERVISED, SOME PLUMBING EXP. DONT SMOKE OR DRINK , NEED TO WORK ANOTHER 6 YRS . JUST RECENTLY HAD TO TAKE IN 2 GRANDCHILDREN DUE TO DAUGHTERS DEATH SO MY WIFE AND CHILDREN WOULD BE FOLLOWING ONCE ESTABLISHED , HAVE EXP IN OTHER AREAS TOO, THANKS FOR ANY ONES HELP IN THIS MATTER AND PASSING THIS ALONG SAM ERVIN EMAIL

Re: THE MOVE

ironheadUSVI
June 01, 2018 09:27AM

Which island?

same
June 01, 2018 09:54AM

i am open to that thanks sam

ironheadUSVI
June 01, 2018 10:15AM

You need to buy yourself a ticket and hop on a plane and decide for yourself.
Or start by spending a few days reading the forums and decide if living here is really for you.

caribstx
June 01, 2018 10:18AM

The USVI is a very expensive place to raise small children who will likely need to go to private schools since the public system sucks.

I would read through the Forum here to become familiar with the pros and cons of relocating here before I did anything.

same
June 01, 2018 10:39AM

i understand what you are saying on the move , i have lived in remote places here in the usa , i was hoping for a job waiting on me when i arrived i alos have moved heavy equipment that i forgot to mention been working recently for a environmental hydro blasting co. in power plants and refineries operating a vacum truck

ironheadUSVI
June 01, 2018 11:16AM

speee1dy
June 01, 2018 02:07PM

VIDOL website is our government job listings website. Indeed is also a good choice

AandA2VI
June 01, 2018 02:13PM

A 10% chance of getting a job when you’re off island. Unless nurse or lawyer it seems.

I would seriously do a lot of research using the search feature on the forum. Lots of answers. Remember it’s paradise with a price. I still love it but I can see why many don’t make it past a year.

same
June 01, 2018 03:11PM

THANKS AGAIN FOR EVERY ONES HELP SAM

stxsailor
June 06, 2018 04:15PM

If you are thinking STX, Oneal's trucking is hiring truck drivers.

same
June 06, 2018 04:55PM

thank you

same
June 06, 2018 05:09PM

thank you i just sent them my info sam

singlefin
June 06, 2018 05:41PM

High Quality Cement was also looking for a driver on STX

same
June 08, 2018 12:03PM

hello again talked with o neals trucking they said they would interview me when i get there thanks for all yalls help is this a decent co. to work for thanks sam

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →