Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Shipping TV

kdberry
June 24, 2018 04:40PM

Anyone have experience shipping a 50 inch flat screen TV? If so, how? I’m wondering if it’s worth it.

Thanks.

Re: Shipping TV

Scubadoo
June 24, 2018 07:22PM

I ordered/shipped two 43". They shipped in their original boxes. Best Buy shipped one UPS and it came in with a broken screen the first time, they shipped again and it came in OK. (They wanted me to return the broken one UPS ground hah hah) Amazon shipped the second, USPS and it came in OK. Make sure whoever you order it from will take care of any shipping damage so you don't have to deal directly with the shipping folks on claim. Normally the sellers are not responsible for shipping damage.

kdberry
June 24, 2018 07:28PM

I meant shipping my own tv. With the information you just provided, I’m thinking maybe I should just top watching tv all together.

Jumbie
June 24, 2018 08:24PM

Mail it !

In 2012, we mailed our own 32” Flat screen TV from St Croix to Ohio. We took it to Brandon Transfer on St Croix & they did the packaging for mailing it.

We then took it to the post office & paid $95 for mailing costs.

That was 6 yrs ago & this TV is still working fine in our Master Bed Room.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2018 08:28PM by Jumbie.

AandA2VI
June 25, 2018 03:08AM

If you’re in STT not worth it. Price Mart has a huge selection. If in STX probably worth it.

Jumbi lol! You can buy a brand new 32 for $150. But good to keep it out of the landfill.

sttanon
June 25, 2018 04:56PM

Majority of TVs that you get locally are Latin American models. All well and good until you have to call and get parts

rosesisland
June 25, 2018 07:03PM

Kmart had ad in today's Avis a 50" Samsung for $499. I've mailed here before with no luck...damaged. I'd buy here on island.

vicanuck
June 26, 2018 08:38AM

I had a 50" shipped to Paradise Freight by Amazon a few years ago...luckily no damage.

But, I've bought smaller flat screens locally too.

JBPIII
June 26, 2018 11:59AM

We bought a 50 inch tv from Amazon and shipped it via VI Cargo and had no issue.

lescooper
June 26, 2018 01:34PM

On St Croix, Mike's Electronics has a good selection of tv's at reasonable prices. When I bought, the price was comparable to Amazon. They also deliver, setup and service what they sale.

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →