Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

SodaStream

atticus
August 01, 2018 08:00PM

Good evening, all!

Crazy question. Husband is up north and wants to bring a SodaStream back down (we go through a lot of seltzer!) I told him we need to look into a) carrying cartridges on the plane, whether as carry on or cargo (I doubt either is allowed), b) whether we can ship cartridges (again, air transport?), and c) whether we can get replacement cartridges down here.
I feel as if this conversation has been had here before, but I'm not finding it. Any thoughts?

Thanks much, all!

Re: SodaStream

East Ender
August 01, 2018 08:57PM

Hey, atticus! wink
Have you checked the restaurant supply place on Weymouth Rhymer, KLR?

ms411
August 02, 2018 03:32AM

I remember the thread and was able to find it, but nobody said cartridges were available on STT. It was suggested they try the restaurant supply store, but the poster didn't come back and report as to whether cartridges were available.

I know nothing about Soda Stream, but could a distillery help you? Check Tap and Still Havensight, Frenchtown Brewery, and St John Brewers.

ms411
August 02, 2018 03:42AM

More ideas...

[www.wired.com]

Gator's Mom
August 02, 2018 07:11AM

You can ship the cartridges via ground (USPS, FedEx, UPS) to your favorite cargo shipping service in FL to transport by boat to the VI - though I would call the cargo boat service to make sure it has no issue with transporting the cartridges.

ironheadUSVI
August 02, 2018 08:03AM

Soda Stream can use refillable cartridges. I used to refill the cartridges for fire extinguishers and competition CO2 pellet guns when I worked at VI Industrial Gases (VIGAS) on STX back in the 80's. Maybe they can still refill your cartridges. They still have stores on STX and STT.

sttanon
August 02, 2018 08:16AM

KLR doesnt sell the carts and cant get the carts either. CO2 is considered hazardous material by shippers which is why cant em via mail. Was in Gallows hardware the other day where a lady was irked that she had bought one there and wanted to return it for this same reason...... There are some DIY sites on the net that describe how to modify a Sodastream to actually run off a CO2 tankllll.

ironheadUSVI
August 02, 2018 08:31AM

Yep, you can use one of these.

[www.ebay.com]

sunshinefun
August 02, 2018 08:34AM

I've had CO2 cartridges for my semi automatic pellet gun shipped through the post office many times.

atticus
August 02, 2018 10:07AM

You all are the best. This is super helpful and I'm passing all of it on to the husband. Love my island(s) fam!

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →