Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Moving for the summer

Lauren
May 03, 2006 06:33PM

Hello everyone,
I'm also thinking of moving to one of the U.S Virgin Islands for June, July and August. Any suggestions about the best way to find an afforadable place to rent.....and is it okay to deal with job hunting once I get there? I'd appreciate any advice.....there's a lot to think about, but I totally want to do this!!! Thanks

-Lauren

Re: Moving for the summer

agv
May 04, 2006 10:32AM

The Island Trader is the best way to find an apartment. Many people on island will not rent to you until you are on island. But some will, so give it a shot.

go to the VI Daily News Site

[www.virginislandsdailynews.com]

Then click on the Island Trader Link under special supplements.

If you have no luck with the island trader, try talking to ronnie on this site, he has longer short term rentals available at

[www.villafairview.com]

he always seems to help alot of the newbies.

Also try rochelle ellicks place, she is a sweet lady.

[www.bananapages.net]

Good Luck, and please do tons of research before you make the big move. Try to read the entire message board, it will be your best resource.

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →