Join discussions on moving to and living in the USVI, ask questions, share info & tips! (Vacationing? Visit Travel Message Board)

Daycare in St. T

mmilhauser
March 05, 2007 07:10AM

Are there any daycare programs on St. Thomas?? I know Antilles has an Early Childhood program, but where do people take their infants and toddlers for care? I just want to find a job working with young children!! smiling

Thanks,
Mimi

Re: Daycare in St. T

glynnswife
March 05, 2007 07:40AM

VI Montessori has a program (LaCasa) for two and three year olds. The website is www.vimontessori.com.

sttarfish
March 07, 2007 04:14AM

All Saints may have openings in their Junior Kindergarten (ages 3 and 4). Call them and see: (340) 774-0231.

Sttarfish
March 07, 2007 05:25AM

Mimi, there are also several daycares, off the top of my head I can think of:

C.P.L.C. (College Preparatory Learning Center, yes, it's a daycare!)
Little Peoples
Building Blocks of Love

There are many more.

My daughter (whose name is also Mimi!) goes to C.P.L.C. She's two. They have kids up to first and second grade, but it's primarily younger ones. Little Peoples has a good reputation on island. All Saints had an aide leave their pre-k program this winter, so they might be looking for someone relatively soon. Antilles has a great program, if you can get a place with either them or Montessori that might be your best bet. With either of those schools, you will also meet people who can help you make connections and get a nanny job. Good luck!

mmilhauser
March 07, 2007 07:25AM

Thanks so much Sttarfish for the info! I have been in contact with All Saints, Montessori and Antilles. Would you happen to know if the others you mentioned have a website or would you happen to have the phone number to any of them? I am sure the pay is less at the day cares mentioned, but at this point, that doesn't bother me! My long term boyfriend just found out that he is being moved to St. T on march 17th. I would love to find a job that I could possibly start in the summer. Do you know which of these programs run through the summer? Would you please PM me or e-mail when you get a chance? I would like to speak more with someone about this moving process. Someone who has been through the experience! I have many questions to ask, but I just don't know where to start! wink This board has been EXTREMELY helpful!!

Thanks,
Mimi smiling

agv
March 07, 2007 10:22AM

I take my daughter to Building Blocks. We love it.

We walk in and she jumps out of my arms to go to Miss Pat, and she is only 8 months!

Call Miss Pat @ 340-774-2877.

I am sure they are always looking for good caregivers.

mmilhauser
March 07, 2007 05:26PM

Thanks a bunch! I'll be sure to give them a call!

-Mimi

Stttarfish
March 08, 2007 04:47AM

Mimi, Little Peoples (776-5683) and C.P.L.C. (777-CPLC) both have summer programs. I will try to PM you as well never tried doing it before, so have patience smiling

Also, don't be discouraged by not getting call backs. Some places take a good while, if ever, to return calls unless need is immediate, especially if you are off-island. Keep calling and asking if there are openings so you don't get forgotten when one does come up.

mmilhauser
March 08, 2007 07:20AM

If it's easier to e-mail...just e-mail at mmilhauser@millikin.edu. Thanks for the numbers!
-Mimi

mmilhauser
March 08, 2007 07:37AM

Stttarfish, I just talked with C.P.L.C, they were extremely nice!! I spoke with Ms. Walker and she told me to go ahead and send my resume!
Just thought I would give you a heads up smiling

-Mimi

mmilhauser
March 08, 2007 07:46AM

P.S- What is A-Beka curriculum like?? Is it very religious oriented?

Join the discussion. Click the button below to Login or Register now!

Click here to login

• Blue Ocean Transport

Moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Settlers Handbook
Only $17.95

The Settlers Handbook for the U.S. Virgin Islands is your guide to moving to St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John and Water Island.

The current 18th Edition, released in January 2016, will help you explore your dream of island living. A solid reference book, it was first published in 1975. That's 40 years of helping people move to the islands. A must read. Order today.

Order Today

Advertise

Join VIMovingCenter.com Today!

Tell prospective and current residents about your business.

Learn More →

Sister Sites

VITraders

USVI Books & Souvenirs

VInow

USVI Vacation Guide

Living in de V.I.

USVI Relocation DVD

Proud Supporter

VI Olympic Team

For over 45 years, the Virgin Islands has celebrated the Olympic tradition by sending our athletes to compete.

Learn More →